|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Carl's story about being a "looper for the Dalai Lama".
Carl: So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga". So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice...
- The funny moments start around 5 minutes after the film starts and go up until the credits finish rolling.
- The extras on the special edition DVD say that the late, great Rodney Dangerfield was this for the rest of the cast. Chevy Chase tells the story how, during the first day of filming, Rodney was getting progressively more concerned that he should quit the part and let someone else do it because he was doing such a terrible job. When Chevy asked why he thought he was doing a bad job, Rodney said it was because nobody was laughing. This was his first film and his entire career had been in front of audiences, doing standup; Rodney noticed that not only the crew wasn't laughing, but they were all acting very stiff and strange during his parts and it made him very uncomfortable. Chevy had to explain to him that the reason was because every member one of the cast and crew felt he was by far the funniest guy on the set and everyone was doing everything they could just so they wouldn't laugh and ruin the shot.
- The club's staff betting on whether Judge Smails' nephew picks his nose, and then they bet on if he eats it.
- Hey you scratched my anchor.
- the epic feud against the gopher, which reaches a peak in the end...EXPLOSIVELY.
- The mars bar in the pool.'nuff said.
- "Dance of the living dead!"