|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The story is that on a routine treasure hunt, due to missing warning symbols, McCoy takes the cursed Thorned Emerald and thus, is transformed into a walking cactus by the ancient Curse of Thorns. His mission is simple - to return the emerald to its true home by following the map pieces. If he fails this quest, the curse will eventually turn him into a lifeless stone cactus - just like the last foolish person. Complicating his quest are the army of Enemigos employed by the four-armed Hex Hatfield, who wishes to have the emerald for his own greedy purposes.
Brawl, gun, and platform your way through the swarms of Enemigos and the terrain's natural traps. All across journey, you will find and master a multitude of weaponry ranging from machetes to bombs to even squirt guns. As you complete levels, you will gain the missing map pieces that will guide you to the emerald's true resting place (and the rest of the levels). As you beat Enemigos, you gain money and/or their weapons (temporarily). Of course, the money you can gain can be increased drastically by juggling enemies repeatedly. You can then use that money to upgrade all the different stats available - such as punching strength, sword strength, etc. Master all these techniques, gain the five hidden treasures in each level, and complete all the achievements to make a path towards victory and dispelling the curse!
This game can be played here.
This game provide examples of:
- Badass Longcoat: The titular character's coat.
- Breakable Weapons: Every weapon has a certain durability or number of uses left. Though, the number depends on the weapon and weapon type. Of course, depending on the weapon type, using it may or may not deplete the number of uses.
- Cursed with Awesome
- Hundred-Percent Completion: Good luck with that. There are multiple upgrades, 60 hidden treasures, 60 challenges to complete, and 80 badges to earn in total.
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything
- Lethal Joke Weapon: The Squirt Gun when utilized properly can become this - especially against the final boss.