|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
CAW is like the Bastard of No DQ. A bastard illegitimate child, the red-headed step child always getting slapped and bitch slapped.—Wade Needham, NODQ & SNJ commentator
CAWs are characters you can make in Wrestling Games, CAW Leagues are when Wrestling Video Game fans with too much time on their hands decide that they'll make their own wrestling shows, with some leagues that will either follow close to core structure of Professional Wrestling, or will have the greatest crossover ever inside a wrestling ring. What results is a strange mixture of Professional Wrestling, Let's Play and a fan fic.
Notable CAW Leagues:
- Begins and ends with No DQ CAW
- Slam 'n' Jam
- HVF - Hogan Vs. Flair
- The Vivianverse - A Group of leagues who operate under the same continuity as each other
- NGW - Notable for having a female roster that was better than the male. Its creator now operates VWF, an all-female fed.
- SCAW Superstars of CAW
- RXW: Reviewtopia Xtreme Wrestling
- DWA - SCAW's Friendly Rival fed.
- Anime Championship Wrestling - You heard me.
Tropes that apply to CAW Leagues:
- Author Avatar: In all honestly, its harder to find leagues that don't have this going
- Xtreme Tony in XGWL
- Oshujax in New-TNA
- Death Is Cheap: Some storylines in CAW have wrestlers dying, only to be resurrected by winning a regular old match.
- Expy: Oh so many. A lot of characters' gimmicks are based off of WWE Superstars. Some are so blatant that they tread into Captain Ersatz territory.
- If not gimmicks or characters, some leagues will also just copy recent storylines seen on TV.
- Follow the Leader: After the success of the Vivianverse, many other leagues attempted to create their own shared continuity with each other.
- The Rob, an UWO parody of The Rock, saw many others the copy the gimmick for their own leagues.
- Iconic Characters: Danny Jackpot.
- Long Runner: SCAW
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Wanna see Spiderman take on Mario? Or perhaps Guile take on Shelton Benjamin? All is welcome!
- Mary Sue: A common occurrence with CAW Leagues. Many CAW Owners usually push an expo of themselves to the top of their leagues.
- Matt Eichorn is an example in WEDF
- More Dakka: Wrestling Mpire leagues (of M Dickie fame) make up for the lack of decent gameplay by optimizing the deathmatch options in-game. It does help when you only have to press one button to create random explosions.
- Retsupurae: In the shape of New Legacy Inc's UMAD.
- Serious Business: Oh, where to begin?
- Small Name, Big Ego: Too many to count
- Take That: XGWL's owner had been given abuse by a youtube user called Dratsab over the internet. His response was to put Dratsab in his league and have his Author Avatar character buried him into the ground, completely destroying him in every match.
- ↑ Stands for "Create A Wrestler"