The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Gave the name to Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: "Orgasm Addict"
- The Band Minus the Face: Averted when original frontman Howard DeVoto left to form Magazine, Pete Shelley took over singing and became Face of the Band.
- Cluster Shit Bomb: "Oh Shit"
- Epic Riff: The bass line of "Boredom", the echoing effect of "Ever Fallen In Love" especially.
- Epic Rocking: Relative to the rest of their material, "Why Can't I Touch It?" (6:38) and "I Believe" (7:09)
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)?"
- Ironic Echo: Went on tour in 1979 with Joy Division in support months before Ian Curtis killed himself. Went on tour in 1994 as support for Nirvana... weeks before Kurt Cobain killed himself.
- Missed the Bus: "Something's Gone Wrong Again": 'Nothing ever happens to people like us, 'cept we miss the bus'.
- Pop Punk: Unlike many of their peers (besides The Ramones), the Buzzcocks played well crafted pop songs, only louder and faster. Also, Pete Shelley's voice is much higher and melodic than many punk bands of the time.
- Rule of Funny: The protagonist of "Orgasm Addict" is apparently getting off to butchers assistants, bellhops, winos, heads of state, international women with no body hair...
- Silly Love Songs: "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)," "What Do I Get?"
- The Slacker: "Boredom"
- Step Up to the Microphone: Steve Diggle's vocal turns could be considered this, though he does sing on every album at least once. The only time a Diggle-led track has been the A-side of a single was with "Harmony In My Head".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.