|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hold on to your asses, ass-holders.
Basically, there are three jokes here:
1) Dragonball Z is boring.
2) Dragonball Z is kind of homoerotic.
3) Groin Attacks are funny.
Crass and immature, but hilarious nonetheless.
Tropes original to Buttlord GT:
- Aerith and Bob: The cast includes Takahashi, Glutes, Snowflake, Huge and... Brad. Not to mention Buttlord's original name - "Kevin".
- Air Jousting: "He has been trained in the art of Zwee fighting. I may actually have to try punching and kicking."
- Angrish: Appears to make up about a third of the actual dialogue.
- Art Evolution: Andy's artwork noticeably improves during the comic's run.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Dropped by Huge when Takahashi steals his and/or Snowflake's wish to the Nad Beast.
Takahashi: Now's my chance... Nad Beast! Give me ecstacy... Give me BRAD!!
- Big Bad:
- Big Damn Heroes: Invoked - Buttlord finally arrives at the battle, but refuses to take part until the appropriate moment (i.e. when everybody else is half-dead and losing)
- Big No: Glutes, upon discovering he is part
- Bishonen Line: Snowflake's final form, to the joy of Takahashi.
- Camp Gay: Takahashi, for Brad.
- And Snowflake.
Snowflake: "BEAT IT, ASS-PIRATE!"
- Catch Phrase: "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: More like a Cluster F Nuke.
- Cool Car: The Brad-Mobile, which Brad arrives in when Takahashi wishes him Back From the Dead.
- Dynamic Entry: Brad's return from
the dead"another dimension".
- Epic Fail: Takahashi Beam Spams a weak Mook, only to have his shots bounce off like rubber balls. Taunted for his failure, he then busts out his ultimate attack and accidentally blows himself up.
- Fair Weather Mentor: King Pie
- Fartillery: The trademark "Overlord Buttblow".
- Death From Above: "KISSES FROM HEAVEN, COCKHOLES!"
- Flipping the Bird: gets even used as an attack at one point.
- Fun with Acronyms: BLGT is strikingly similar to LGBT, the acronym for "Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual". Considering the content of the comic, this can't be a coincidence...
- Goldfish Poop Gang: The Gerber Force.
- Groin Attack: A whole lot of 'em.
- Healing Boulder
- Heroic Sacrifice: Mr. Huge. It doesn't help.
- Hulking Out: This is Mr. Huge's ability, which he apparently activates by screaming "HUGE!" over and over. It only seems to apply to his upper body, though, so there's no case of Magic Pants.
- Idiot Hero:
Huge: "Dude, your dad is fucking retarded."
Buttlord: Yo, 'Flake! You need to read the pizants, my home skillet!
- Kicking The Old Man's Head Clean Off His Fucking Body
- Kill'Em All
- Large Ham: Mr. Huge
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Takahashi, again.
- Macho Camp: Brad, opposite Takahashi.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Mr. Huge, who develops a habit of calling Buttlord by the wrong name; coming up with such colorful variants as "Asspope" and "Anus-Pharaoh."
- Never Say "Die"
Snowflake [After crushing Screw's head]: Ah, he is UNCONSCIOUS.
- Also the frequent references to "getting sent to another dimension", a direct reference to the Dragonball dub's bowdlerizations. Taken to its logical conclusion when King Pie, who lives in the "Another Dimension", takes a shortcut home by shooting himself.
- Nice Guy: The comic plays off Buttlord's final form as this, but it soon becomes apparent it doesn't do anything to reduce his destructive nature. Quite the opposite, actually.
- Nice Hat: Screw's baseball cap, adorned with a picture of a screw. He even delays his arrival to the fight when he loses it.
- Nice Job Shoryukening The Guy Holding The Planet Together In The Balls, Hero
- Noodle Incident: Happens naturally as the result of referencing material parodying events from earlier in Dragonball Z than the Namek saga:
Takahashi: "I haven't seen Huge like this since he fought Buttlord!"
- Off-Model: Parodied.
Snowflake: You fool! Do you realize what you have done??
Takahashi: You started the fight scene! Now we're all going to be drawn by the... 3rd String Backup Animation Team!!
Glutes: My god, what have I done? AAAAAAAAA! WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY??
- Omnicidal Maniac: Buttlord. Yes, the hero of the story is more of one than any of the villains in the comic. Most apparent when he socks Huge in the nuts and kills him for no reason other than to be a dick while he's holding the planet together from a gigantic crack. Which, by the way, was also caused by Buttlord being a destructive idiot.
- Planet Explodes Everyone Dies
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Taken to ridiculous extremes. One "Hair Boner" is easily twenty feet tall.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner
Huge: I discovered that Kevin has the mind of a 13 year old child. He has no concept of reality or limits. Trust your father, young Glutes. His juvenile fantasy world may make him act in ways we might see as retarded, but it is also the source of his fantastic ultimate power. As long as he believes he is 1337, Buttlord will save the universe.
Snowflake: Alright Huge, time to put up or shut up. Who's side are you going to be on?
Brad: There's always a nice warm place for you inside our team, Mr, Huge.
Huge: You're all fags. [Flies away]
- Shout-Out: At one point, Buttlord and King Pie are playing King of Fighters inside their capsule. Once Buttlord reaches his final form, he's sporting Dan Hibiki's hairstyle and Dee Jay's pants.
- Smoke Shield
Screw: He is obviously finished. No one could survive that much dust.
- Spanner in the Works: This is literally Takahashi's ONLY real accomplishment in the comic, when he wishes Brad back with the Nadballs.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: "RAWGRLGH! I am blinded by pain and rage!"
Buttlord: OUTRAGE. SHOCK and OUTRAGE.
- Toilet Humor: In spades, and occasionally featuring an actual toilet.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Mr. Huge is perhaps the most extreme example of this in any media.
- Trash Talk: omnipresent, and often as bizarre as the rest of the comic.
Screw: You like that, honkey? You wanna wrap that up and take it home so your mom can sleep with it and maybe you?
Snowflake: Dude, that hardly makes sense at all.
Buttlord: Ok! Now all I need to do is run into some random as shit aliens who will save me and then -
- Stoppable Rage: Takahashi, being a Krillin Expy, is not entirely successful when attempting this.
- Verbal Tic: "Bleah!"
- Visual Pun: directly related to the Toilet Humor above, when the big fight actually begins and the shit hits the fan.
- What the Hell, Hero?: From the villain, no less:
Snowflake: WHAT IN THE NAME OF SATAN'S FIERY DICKHOLE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
Huge: RRARRRRRR AARRR RRARRGG ARRRRG GGRRAAAR!