|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- American McGee's Alice
- The Saboteur
- Dead Space
- The Ball
- Prince of Persia
- Dead Space 2
- Portal 2
- Alice: Madness Returns
- The Manipulator
- Alpha Protocol
- Transformers: War for Cybertron
- Mafia II
- Alan Wake
BurningDogFace provides examples of these tropes:
- A Good Name for a Rock Band - The Silencer, apparently.
- Always Save the Girl - Sometimes nay, but usually yay. More like always save everyone you like. Generally, BDF pushes for the merciful or less extreme option in any given choice-scenario.
This is shown to be the case in the standard form when he is forced to choose between ordering the hero's love interest to be executed or the leaders of the protest group that upset his brother, the king. While this was, technically, the evil choice, he didn't seem particularly happy about it. He even goes so far as to say "There's only one decision I can make."
- Big No - The shorter, repetitive, panicked variation seen here.
- Black Comedy - Has his moments.
- Brick Joke - There's one near the end of the Portal 2 Let's Play that you'll only get if played/watched the Let's Play for Dead Space 2.
Cave Johnson: They say when life give's you lemons, make lemonade.
BDF: Or a lemon gun.
- Catch Phrase - Several.
"I Don't think s/he liked that." Whenever a particularly strong move against an enemy succeeds.
"Ow! My organs/bones/organs and bones/body!" Whenever a particularly strong move against an enemy fails.
"Back off! Get your own sandwich!"
"Eat several dicks!"
"Sweet, sweet/nourishing bullets." Upon collecting much-needed ammo.
- Deadpan Snarker - On occasion.
- Genre Savvy - Pretty much a requirement for your average let's player, in particular there's the scene after narrowly avoiding being sucked out on a hull breach in Dead Space 2. It was red and flashy, ergo he knew he had to shoot it to not die.
- Heroic BSOD - The Cheshire Cat's death was quite the surprise.
- Hey, That's My Line! - To the Concubine when she asked the main character to dance.
- Incredibly Lame Pun - During Dead Space 2 while looking at a sign over a door in the hospital.
"I've made that joke before... Intensive scare unit."
- Nice Guy - With enough of the Deadpan Snarker trope to keep it interesting.
- Even the death of the chicken in the opening credits of Fable saddens him.
- Nostalgia Level - The entirety of Alice: Madness Returns is this for him. He's breaking his "no Lping new games" rule since it's the long-awaited sequel to the first game he ever Let's Played
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner - "Let's dance."
- Precision F-Strike -Seeing the Elementary school in VideoGame/DeadSpace2 after having to shoot up a bunch of small children-turned-zombies.
- Running Gag - "Ow! My organs!"
- Sadistic Choice - Both played straight and subverted in Alpha Protocol. He had to cut out a large portion of one video since he couldn't decide whether to save Madison or the museum, and eventually went for the museum. However when Mina is captured later in the game he doesn't even pause for a second.
- Screw Destiny - In the LP for Alice: Madness Returns.
BDF: All of you can drown in a sea of dicks! Alice deserves to be sane!
BDF: I don't know anyone who could think of a cartoon sun as a horror.
Two seconds later, aforementioned cartoon sun drops from roof right in front of the PC
BDF: ...Except Isaac, apparently.
- This Is Gonna Suck - He's usually right.
- Understatement - "Well, that was unfortunate", every time he dies. Usually graphically and brutally.
- Video Game Caring Potential - "I feel like kind of an asshole, I'm not gonna lie."
- All of Burning Dog Faces videos have a bit of this. He dislikes a Downer Ending and appreciates a happy one. "You can't get to a happy ending unless you try for a happy ending" is one of his reasons for playing Dead Space 2.In particular there's also this scene in his Let's Play of American McGee's Alice where he sounded genuinely hacked off at one character's death at the hands of the Red Queen (see here).
- Apparently felt a little bad about having to kill Nolan Stross in Dead Space 2 as well. As he mentioned, that's the first time killing an actual person and it feels a little different to stomping necromorph corpses.
- Wham! Episode