|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Now listen up y'all, let me tell you a little story about two cool cats named Bunty and Babli... Bunty aur Babli, Bunty aur Babli
—comic rap from DCP Dashrath Singh
Small time Folks from Small Town carry Big Big Dreams. Shattered from the jaded world they live in, they decide to con rich people out of a living and have lots of fun doing it. And thus a movie is born.
Meet Rakesh Trivedi, a son of a ticket collector from a small town who dreams of making it big. His father gives him an ultimatum to either follow his steps as a ticket collector or leave his house. Naturally, he ventures to the city, only to find his entrepreneurial ideas stolen by the idle rich. Along the way, he meets another small town girl who wants to make it big, Vimmi, who wanted to escape her arranged marriage and do something with her life. She tries out for the Miss India contest but after learning that she has to sleep with someone to get a part, she abandons that dream. Both Raj and Vimmi befriend each other and decide to con a whole number of the insulated and lost rich with crazy zany schemes like selling the Taj Mahal which some dumb pos keeps falling for. Meanwhile, DCP Dashrath Singh follows them waiting for the moment they slip and finally arrest them. Hilarity ensues.
- Acceptable Targets: In-universe example, wherein Vimmi and Rakesh generally only steal from very wealthy people with conveniently abhorrent personalities (and their first victim was a guy who stole Rakesh's business ideas).
- Bare Your Midriff: Aishwarya Rai in Kajra Re.
- Casting Couch: Why Vimmi did not participate in Miss India
- Crowd Song: Kajra Re starring Aishwarya Rai
- Dancing on a Bus
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After nearly getting arrested and then actually trying to lead a life they find boring for three years, they get recruited to the more exiting life of catching another conmen.
- Friendly Enemy: DCP Dashrath Singh is this to Vimmi and Rakesh
- "I Am" Song: Dhadak Dhadak tells you all you need to know about Rakesh and Vimmi
- Master of Disguise
- Small Town Boredom: Drives the main characters' choices.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Rakesh claims he could totally live without Vimmi. they go get married one scene later.
- Tsundere: Vimmi, though generally of the deredere variety.