|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- 1 Jimmy Hopkins
- 2 Gary Smith
- 3 Pete Kowalski
- 4 Russell Northrop
- 5 Zoe Taylor
- 6 Dr. Crabblesnitch
- 7 Bullies
- 8 Greasers
- 9 Jocks
- 10 Nerds
- 11 Non-Clique Students
- 12 Preppies
- 13 Townies
- 14 Prefects
- 15 Faculty
- Sliding Scale of Anti-Heroes: Type 3, although how the player controls him could push him up to Type 2 or down to Type 4.
- Bully Hunter
- The Casanova: Given that he's able to get the attention of 9 girls by the end of the game, and six guys too.
- Combat Pragmatist: Jimmy can explore many ways to take down an opponent, ranging from a simple punch in the face, to using a freaking bottle rocket launcher to paste someone from a distance.
- Cultured Badass: Art classes show that Jimmy has a surprising gift for oil painting.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Genius Bruiser: Can prove to be straight-A student, although he still leaves most of his tactical decisions up to Pete.
- Genre Blind
- Good Is Not Nice: As he said to Russell, "There are bunch of idiots in this school who need a good beating and you're picking on the few who don't."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Kavorka Man
- Knight in Sour Armor:
- The Snark Knight: A rare male example.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's probably the second or third fastest kid in Bullsworth.
- The Napoleon: He's short for his age, which is one of the very many things responsible for his general belligerence.
- Pride Before a Fall: It's even part of the last story-based chapter: "The Fall and Rise of Jimmy Hopkins, Aged 15".
- Which is also a reference to the 1970s book The Fall and Rise of Jimmy Hoffa by Walter Sheridan.
- Redheaded Bully/Redheaded Hero: Depending on how he's played.
- Unwitting Pawn
- Big Bad
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
- Deadpan Snarker
- Devil in Plain Sight
- Freudian Excuse: Half way through the first chapter, he excitedly stated that he was off his meds. His behavior implies that he may suffer from Schizophrenia. These two factors plays a role in his Draco in Leather Pants reputation.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Smug Snake
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He delivers quite the massive one in the final mission.
- Ambiguously Gay
- Brains and Brawn: Brains to Jimmy's Brawn.
- Butt Monkey
- Embarrassing Nickname: He really doesn't care for being called Petey, although he's too meek to do anything about it.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: A meta example despite the fact that he uses his real name (Peter) only slightly more often than Jimmy uses his real name (James), a lot of fans refer to him primarily as Peter.
- Non-Action Guy: The closest he comes to doing something action-y was during the boss fight against Johnny Vincent, where he operates an electromagnetic crane... after Jimmy knocks out every single Greaser who was in his way.
- The Smart Guy
- The Big Guy
- Bullfight Boss
- Defeat Means Friendship: He's the only clique leader who never turns on Jimmy after being beaten.
- Dumb Muscle
- Hulk Speak
- Redheaded Bully
- Birds of a Feather: She shares Jimmy's love of vandalism and giving people what they have coming to them.
- Fiery Redhead
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Informed Attribute: According to the dialogue files, she's a very good fighter and quite tough for a girl. In the game itself though, all the girls share the same stats, and are the weakest characters by a large margin. Probably justified though, since Zoe couldn't have been programmed to be tough and aggressive without tinkering with the mechanics a lot.
- Adults Are Useless: While he means well, he's completely blind to just about everything wrong with the school he runs.
- Born in the Wrong Century
- Dean Bitterman
- Large Ham
- Reasonable Authority Figure: If you can actually get his attention, he does the right thing. Getting it is the hard part though...
- Fragile Speedster: Tied with Wade for least-tough kid in the Bullies clique, has a couple different missions where Jimmy has to chase him down.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: Ethan believes this trope, man. And so should you. It's a sad world when people don't believe in Ninjas.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Not intended, but he can sometimes be seen making out with his sister Christy. This is because the game designers would have had to write special code to make sure they didn't, and they either didn't bother, or didn't realize... see all the confusion about names.
- Fiery Redhead: Hot tempered dude with red hair. So, yeah.
- Disco Dan
- Full-Name Basis
- Hell-Bent for Leather
- Love Makes You Dumb
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: What he so desperately wants to believe about Lola.
- Can't Live with Them Can't Live Without Them: Pretty much how her side of her relationship with Johnny works. She appears to actually have feelings for him despite her cheating habits.
- Fille Fatale
- Hidden Depths: Seriously. Blink, and you'll miss hearing it, but she philosophizes about the point of life and humanity.
- Really Gets Around
- Gentle Giant: Sort of. He still bullies and fights, but he also likes to contemplate poetry and artwork.
- Large and In Charge: It's unclear whether he or Peanut is the clique's second in command, but it is clear which one of them listens to the other one.
- Compensating for Something: His nickname "Peanut" is implied to be a reference to his size... down there.
- Napoleon Complex: He's not even that short, but he's convinced he is, and tends to become irate about it.
- Single-Target Sexuality: According to the slash community, he's Johnny-sexual. To be fair, there's enough subtext in the game to make it plausible.
- Wimpification: Yaoi Fangirls with crushes on Johnny use Peanut as a wish-fulfillment role.
"I'm gonna start up a club, like a Fight Club. Only, instead of fighting, we'll eat cheeseburgers."
- Stout Strength: He's tied with Norton for second toughest Greaser (behind Johnny, obviously).
Lucky De Luca
- Hidden Depths: Looks like just another Greaser. Advocates staying in school, and learning a trade even if you do choose higher education as well.
- Jerk Jock: Not that the others aren't, but Ted is the biggest one.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders
- Alpha Bitch
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Fallen Princess: After the mission "Paparazzi".
- Hidden Depths: Implied to be deeply insecure and suffering from an eating disorder.
- Scary Black Kid
- The Starscream: Maybe, maybe not. He talks about overthrowing Ted, but in action is pretty loyal. Besides, what use is a linebacker without a quarterback to
- The Quisling: He was a nerd, then he turned on them to join the Jocks.
- Armored Closet Gay: Every time he makes out with Jimmy, he threatens him if he tells anybody.
- Foot Focus: He likes feet. Mostly girls' feet and when they're wearing nice shoes, but... yeah, he just plain likes feet.
- Unusual Euphemism: A non-double entendre one, he calls bullying and physical beatings "poundcake".
- Wimpification/Flanderization: Well, there's no trope called Gayification, so the slash fandom's tendency to twist canon and selectively omit bits of it to make Kirby gayer is a combination of those two tropes.
- Covert Pervert
- Large Ham
- Mad Scientist
- Never My Fault: After giving Jimmy the task of sneaking into the girl's dorms and photographing Mandy naked, he blames Jimmy for the resulting attack by the Jocks.
- Butt Monkey
- Momma's Boy
- Potty Failure: Frequently, and Played for Laughs.
- Totally Radical: In a bid to try and look cooler, he starts trying to speak (painfully) in Jive. He only stops if he's spoken to in the way he normally speaks.
Algernon: Yo, Jimmy, I'm over here! Gimme five, dude!
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Subverted; she openly has contempt for the idea of trying.
- Just Friends: Beatrice is oblivious to his obvious feelings for her.
- Black and Nerdy
- Camp Gay: Jimmy can seduce him, and he seems to go gaga for boys giving him romantic presents. Talk around the school says he played a dead-on Juliet in the school play.
- Expy: Some people say they see him as an expy of Steve Urkel.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: His last name is used once during the game, in an announcement over the PA, and a lot of people, not realizing the game gave him one, use the incorrect soundboard-provided last name Thomas.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Well, beware the mild-mannered ones. Donald is the stereotypical rage-filled nerd and he keeps a meticulous list of people who he hates.
- Big Eater
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He calls himself Fatty, even (a beta version of the character was named Francois).
- The Fat Guy With the Big Lips And Pimply Nose
- Carry a Big Stick: Thad's weapon of choice is a yardstick.
- Covert Pervert: Surprisingly, Thad's found to be the one who's wallpapering Bullworth Town with nude posters of Mandy.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Apparently, he's one of the key weapons-makers of the Nerds; according to Troy, he built a grenade out of an eraser.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: As well as being a lot more aggressive than most Nerds, Thad reportedly attacked Peanut Romano a year before the game began, hitting him hard enough to break his yardstick over Peanut's head. For good measure, he managed to escape a beating from the Greasers in spite of this.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's bubbly and friendly. She also talks about setting the school on fire and claims she can use her tie as a garotte.
- Meaningful Name: She shares the name with a fairly famous female boxer, but this doesn't appear to be anything other than a coincidence.
- Really Gets Around: She'll make out with anybody. Anybody.
- Straight Man: If you think about it, Lance is the most normal character in the entire game. He just has such a minuscule role, it doesn't show much.
- Bratty Half-Pint: She's the stereotypical unbearable goody-two-shoes.
Pedro De La Hoya
- Official Couple: To Eunice, by virtue of being the only boy that is programmed to be seen holding hands with her.
- Nerd: Subverted. Trevor's humorless and hyper-focused on academic success, but he follows the social norms that the nerds don't.
- Alpha Bitch: Not as much as Mandy, but still...
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Dirty Coward: Let's his friends soften Jimmy up during his boss fight. He also doesn't ever fight Johnny Vincent directly, preferring to let Bif do his dirty work. His unique fighting style during his boss fight mixes in illegal boxing moves.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money
- Smug Snake
- The Dragon: To Derby Harrington
- Jerk Jock: Most of his dialouge is either about beating people up or about how great a boxer he is
- Small Annoying Creature: His dog.
- Camp Bi
- First Girl Wins: First Guy Wins. Is popular in the fandom for being the first kissable boy who interacts with Jimmy in the storyline, though it is possible to kiss Cornelius before him. Not that many people would.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Sometimes he lapses from posh English to normal American. No reason for it, he just does, and no one seems to notice.
- Improbable Weapon User: His Weapon of Choice? Eggs.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Loves to make egg related puns as insults. "These yolks crack me up" for example.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: An unusual case, he seems to be a nice guy by nature and has trouble balancing his nice guy impulses with the arrogance that the Preppies demand.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor In Sense: He doesn't understand why he isn't a jerkass like the other Preps, and he doesn't understand why he can't buy a girlfriend.
- Abusive Parents: His father beats him, as evidenced by some of the responses he gives in fights. Like most stuff in the game, these are played for laughs.
- Fake Brit: In-Universe: he admits to speaking a fake British accent because his family is Nouveau Riche.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: In the game, his name is Spencer. Since common sense dictates the game is the highest level of canon, his name is not Smith-Althorp Smith, no matter what the website says.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: He wants to make his overbearing father proud.
- Blood Knight: Nearly every thing that comes out of his mouth is either about fighting, hating Bullworth Academy or both.
Clint (a.k.a. Henry)
Clint: A cheeseburger is supposed to have cheese! Dumb broad...
- Amusing Injuries: He claims to have broken his collarbone three times, and he likes having scars because "chicks dig them".
- Straight Bi
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: His beard, according to the trope image, puts him well south of neutral.
- Kavorka Man
Jerry: Most people don't even like me because I'm more cleverer than them.
- Napoleon Complex: A mild one: he's one of the smallest townies but calls everyone "kid".
- Large Ham: EEEEEEEEVILDOER!
Edward Seymour II
- Large Ham: Kneeeeeeeeeeeel before Edward! Ragh!
- Dirty Old Man: Buys porn, recruits Jimmy to steal girls' panties, gets Zoe expelled because he hit on her and she refused him.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty
- Fat Bastard: Despite being a gym teacher, Mr Burton isnt exactly the fittest man on campus.
- Sassy Secretary: To anyone who isn't Dr. Crabblesnitch.
- Double Standard Rape (Female on Male)
- Lethal Chef: Quality isnt exactly a priority on Bullworth.
- The Alcoholic
- Reasonable Authority Figure: One of the few on the school who is actually sympathetic and cares about his students.
- Dean Bitterman: Without the authority.
- Granola Girl
- Sassy Black Woman: When she blackmails Jimmy into taking part in the Christmas Pageant.
- Hot for Teacher: Just about every guy in the school.
- Mrs. Robinson: Jimmy wishes.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Again, one of the very few on the school.
- Large Ham
- Mad Scientist
- Meaningful Name: He's the death-obsessed biology teacher. You do the math.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Slawter likes monstrous plants and other morbid scientific curiosities... provided they belong to him, of course.
- Absent-Minded Professor
- Double Standard Rape (Female on Male): Lets just say the romantic tryst between Watts and Edna wasn't exactly consensual.
- Hallucinations: He appears to suffer from these quite frequently, having been exposed to chemical fumes in the labs for so long.
- Mad Scientist: A rare light-hearted, rather than evil, version.
- Delinquents: Formerly.