|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
The short begins in a faraway wasteland, with a Mother Buzzard sending off her quadruplets to get some food for them--save one, the dimwitted Killer The Buzzard (voiced by Kent Rogers). After being booted away from the nest, he treks off to bring home a rabbit for his ma--and promptly discovers a rabbit hole, housing the ever so nomadic Bugs Bunny. Bugs promply matches wits with the buzzard, resulting in much Hilarity Ensuing.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Bugs thinks his body is reduced to a skeleton and breaks down, only to reveal to his audience that he's just putting on a sham.
- Momma's Boy: Killer the Buzzard.
- Desert Skull: Bugs falls into a hole next to some cow bones, and he briefly thinks the bones are his. Later, he tricks Killer into thinking the same.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Killer is based on ventriloquist Edgar Bergen's character Mortimer Snerd.
- Stock Footage: The opening of this cartoon was recycled for the opening of another Killer / Beaky the Buzzard short, "The Bashful Buzzard."
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Bugs, as demonstrated on the page image.