|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Brute Force is a short lived (4 issues) Marvel Comics creation. It stars a team of animal cyborgs known as "Brute Force", latter opposed by another team of cyborg animals known as "Heavy Metal". It existed as a shameless attempt to sell toys (without a toyline, Marvel was allegedly expecting toy companies to buy the toy rights). Nowadays best known for Atop the Fourth Wall's reviews of the first 3 issues.
The book was meant to be part of Marvel's Star Comics line of kid's comics, going as far as having ads for that line in the issues instead of the mainline Marvel books.
Not to be confused with WE 3
- Animal Stereotypes: Heavy Metal is made up of mostly evil animals: a Shark, a Snake, an Octopus, a vulture and a Gorilla.
- Badass Normal: Dr. Pierce takes out 2 security guards off-screen on his own.
- Car Fu: As well as taking out a mercenary by driving a jeep into him.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Green Aesop
- How Do I Shot Web?
- Mega Corp: Multicorp employs its own mercenary outfit and owns its own farms.
- Merchandise-Driven: An interesting example as the series was purportedly created by Marvel with the hopes that toy companies would jump on board and create toys of the characteres, but to no avail.
- Power Armor: It's what gives the animals their human-level intelligence, speech, and various powers and weapons.
- Rule of Cool: Who needs logic when you can have ROBO-BEAR VERSUS CYBER-GORILLA?
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The (working) animal augmentation program appears to be public knowledge, but the people you think would care don't seem to care.
- Uplifted Animal
- Weaponized Animal
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The main villain from the third issue is a rather stupid example; he wants to create lifeforms that thrive on pollution, but his plans would most likely end up on the rest of the earth nuking him.
- Western Terrorists: Of the Eco-terroist variety.
- You Fail Logic Forever: Multicorp preforms armed robberies on its own child companies because... uh... they're evil?