|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Bruno Mars (born as Peter Gene Hernandez) is an American singer/songwriter. After bursting onto the scene with his song "Nothin' on You" (2010) with the rapper B.o.B. and the song "Billionaire" (2010) with Travie McCoy, he has become a very popular artist. He has won ten awards, and has been nominated for 65. His debut album has sold over a million copies and has been certified platinum in the USA.
- Doo-Wops & Hooligans (2010)
- Ambiguously Brown: He's half-Filipino and half-Cuban.
- Be Yourself: "Just the Way You Are".
- The Casanova: he sure knows how to sweet talk women and his song runaway baby implies to him to be one too.
- Cool Shades: Seen sporting these a lot.
- Crossover: Started his career by appearing on B.o.B. and Travie McCoy's songs, and later was a guest in Bad Meets Evil's "Lighters". On the other hand there's B.o.B. and Cee-Lo Green in "The Other Side", and Damian Marley in "Liquor Store Blues".
- Dance Sensation: In "The Lazy Song" he mentions "learning how to Dougie".
- A Date with Rosie Palms: In "The Lazy Song", he speaks of being able to "put my hand in my pants" because "nobody will tell me I can't."
- Driven to Suicide: In the ending for the video of "Grenade"
- Drowning My Sorrows: "Liquor Store Blues"
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: The video for "The Lazy Song".
- Just the Way You Are: "Just The Way You Are", obviously.
- Love Makes You Crazy/Dumb: Several of his songs.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Grenade, though he still loves her.
- Stage Names: It's come from both his childhood similarity to wrestler Bruno Sammartino, and that "I felt like I didn't have [any] pizzazz, and a lot of girls say I’m out of this world, so I was like I guess I'm from Mars."
- The Power of Friendship: "Count on Me".
- Senseless Sacrifice: In "Grenade", the narrator would die for someone who doesn't love him back. Doubles as a Stupid Sacrifice.
- The Slacker: In "The Lazy Song".
- Something Blues: "Liquor Store Blues".
- Vocal Dissonance: A lot of his songs sound upbeat and have lots of energy, but the lyrics themselves can be pretty depressing.
- When She Smiles: In "Just the Way You Are":
"And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while."