The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Shows that are regularly broadcast directly as they happen, rather than prerecorded.
If this only happens with select instances, it's a Live Episode.
Examples of Broadcast Live include:
- Saturday Night Live
- The National Lottery Live
- Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
- Big Brother Live
- American Idol (and other countries' versions).
- America's Got Talent (and other countries' versions).
- So You Think You Can Dance.
- What's My Line (Most of the CBS episodes)
- Most early US Variety Shows, such as The Ed Sullivan Show.
- Most news broadcasts; they might have taped/filmed segments but the anchor is usually live, and often the segments are too.
- Most sports events.
- The 40th Anniversary episode of Coronation Street
- The remake of The Quatermass Experiment
- WWE Monday Night Raw and WCW Monday Nitro
- Late night talk shows (The Tonight Show et al) are generally broadcast live-to-tape; i.e., the show is recorded earlier in the day than its actual air time, but is brought to air without subsequent editing.
- 10 O'Clock Livea British news/satire show that, oddly enough, goes out at 10pm.
- The 2000 live broadcast of the remake of Fail Safe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.