|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
It features a rather large-ish cast, consisting of members of Neoseeker's TWEWY Board and various extras.
The entire thing was inspired by an MSN Conversation between the 5 Main Character's IRL Selves, and most issue scripts are random scenarios played out on MSN or random things we yell at each other, effectively making Rabla, Kanon and ViperSean the writing staff.
Bro-Rangers contains examples of:
- Author Avatar: Half the main cast, the rest help out occasionally.
- Berserk Button: Multiple members of the cast seem to have made theirs clear.
- Big Bad: The series opens with The Communist making a huge impact on the cast members, and their adventures begin with the Bros fighting off various Hoes. This is dropped pretty quickly after its made clear in the issues the focus swaps to The Communist (Pheonyx) that she isn't the most competant Big Bad out there. Series 1's primary conflict actually comes from one of her underlings, Prometheus el Brittania, and the appearances of Kanon's arch-nemesis Lord Laziness. Series 2 opens with the reveal of Mavireil, but even she has gone mostly ignored after a line of issues focusing on the new conflict.
- Butt Monkey: Arcliff. Used as a weapon on more than one occasion.
- To the point he quits the team because of how they're treating him. Rabro and Kanbro make sure to get two more puns in as he leaves.
- Calling Your Attacks: Most battles before the style-switch to Overworld sprites use this. After the switch, its generally avoiding since, you know, you can see what they're doing now.
- Character-Magnetic Team: Both sides; The Bros pick up Viper, Scarbro and Shield-chan during their adventures, while Pheonyx teams up with the returned Blue Moustache Man and gathers Tenho and Zexion.
- Flanderization: Most of the cast are actual forum members from Neoseeker who frequent the TWEWY board there. Bro-Rangers took a lead trait from those people and turned it into their entire character.
- Everyone Calls Her Shield-chan: After being rescued from her position as a Human Shield, Arbro asks what her name is and 'Shield' is the first thing to pop into Kanbro's head. Doesnt help that she doesn't talk.
- Five-Man Band: Rabro, Kanbro, Arbro, Brolord, and Scarbro.
- Flash Back: The Shibuya Election between Kanbro and Pheonyx that starts off the reoccuring Election Arc.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: See if you can spot and name all the other TWEWY Fanverse characters in Issue 16.
- I See Dead People: Scarbro can talk to ghosts, which has been a way to keep Viper around after Rabro and Kanbro killed him for totally legitimate reasons.
- Original Character: Pretty much the entire cast are Original Characters based on the Neoseeker members using a sprite they made to represent themselves. However, the only characters made exclusively for Bro-Rangers are Lord Laziness, Ellie, Mavireil and Platinum.
- Random Number God: Rabro has the ability to rip into another dimension and alter it in his favor
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The matter between the Tenhograd and Kanontopia names for Shibuya became a Running Gag in the forums. Bro-Rangers just got their first to make matters official.
- Mikachu attacking Cucurbita and Mari, Pheonyx and Cucurbita's daughter also follow this rule.
- It appears a few issues are made just because of what someone said or did at some point, then they took it, spruced it up a bit, and ran with it. Issue 30 is a good example.
- Shout-Out: Various video game and anime references show up.
- An entire mini-arc was dedicated solely to Carnival Phantasm's Afterschool Alleyway Allience.
- Tournament Arc: The latest arc of the comic. Kind of a subversion to the usual, as it is just a plain old tournament - there's no ulterior motive behind the competition, the current Big Bads aren't competing, and the only reason half the competitors are there is because the grand prize is a pre-release copy of the upcoming Noisemon Panthera version.
- Useless Useful Spell: Rainbro Judgement Beam, the teams Signiture Attack, never hits.