The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes used in Bride and Prejudice include:
- All Musicals Are Adaptations: Pride and Prejudice with a Bollywood twist. What's not to like?
- Arch Enemy: Darcy and Wickham with a modern vengeance.
- Arranged Marriage: We see the wedding of such a couple early in the movie. Also, Catherine has hopes of arranging her son's marriage to American businesswoman Anne.
- Beta Couple: Jaya and Balraj.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Kiran is not a nice person. Darcy's mom is also not nice.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Lalita's younger sisters Maya and Lakhi.
- But Not Too Foreign: The character based on Mr. Bingley, Balraj, grew up in England.
- Casanova: Wickham.
- Composite Character: The younger sisters Maya and Lakhi replace the three younger sisters of the original.
- Likewise, Kiran Balraj here stands in for both of Bingley's sisters from the original.
- Crowd Song: More than one, but When Marriage Comes To Town is amazing.
- Culture Clash: Hmmm an American and a girl from India, what could possibly go wrong?
- Daddy's Girl: Lalita and her father are the best of friends.
- Distant Duet: Lalita and William Darcy have one that was cut from the movie.
- "Falling in Love" Montage: All of that happened in one night?
- Fate Drives Us Together
- Foregone Conclusion: Anyone who's read or seen Pride and Prejudice probably has a pretty good guess who Lalita's going to end up with.
- Giftedly Bad: The Cobra Dance is kind of astonishing in a not good way.
- Grand Romantic Gesture: At the end of the film, with drums.
- I Want Grandkids: This is the concern of the girls' mother Manorama Bakshi.
- Karma Houdini: Wonderfully subverted. Let's face it, you all wanted it to happen.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Darcy's mother thinks that Lalita's name is Lolita.
- Marry for Love: Lalita wishes this over an arranged marriage.
- Relationship Sabotage: Balraj's sister Kiran doesn't really like Jaya or Lalita.
- Darcy also does this, as per the book.
- Setting Update: The movie takes place in India, England and California.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Running off with an older man may sound romantic...
- Spontaneous Choreography: Especially When Marriage Comes To Town.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.