|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Bride Wars is a 2009 film starring Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway. It's about two best friends, Liv (Hudson) and Emma (Hathaway) who had a lifelong dream of having a wedding in June at the Plaza Hotel. However, because of a clerical error by their wedding planner, they ended up having the exact same day. Now, they are in the fight for their right to have their dream wedding and their friendship is put up to the test.
This Film Contains Examples of the Following:
- Bouquet Toss: Emma and Liv jumped up to catch the bouquet. They caught it at the same time.
- Bridezilla: There are two of them.
- Broken Aesop: The movie has a Friends Forever message at who is ruined by the way the two friends attack each other.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Inverted. Emma breaks up with Fletcher.
- Conflict Ball: The boyfriends even point out how the girls fighting over this is out of character for them.
- It's All About Me: The general attitude of the two brides about their wedding day. Let's just forget about those pesky grooms.
- My Hair Came Out Green (Invoked): Emma sabotaged her friend's hair dye making Liv's hair blue.
- Pimped-Out Dress: You need a Vera Wang wedding dress and you can't alter it. You must alter your body.
- Third Act Selfishness: This could all have been avoided if they'd agreed to a double wedding.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Fletcher gives this to his fiance. it doesn't end well for him.