The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Brewster Rockit: Space Guy! provides examples of:
- Action Mom: Pam. She's a divorced mother of two.
- Applied Phlebotinum / Misapplied Phlebotinum / Just Think of the Potential: Benevolent aliens decide to give humans an unlimited energy source. Dr. Mel's first thought is how to weaponize it.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny
- Awesome McCoolname: Tim Rickard, the name sounds like Picard
- Big Bad: Dirk Raider
- Butt Monkey: Winky. Also Ensign Ted, but less frequently.
- Catch Phrase: "Aaah! My Spleen!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Brewster
- Companion Cube: Bucky the Robot, a bucket on a coat rack who nonetheless managed to win an election.
- Dead TV Remote Gag: Ended in a Stable Time Loop
- Fat Bastard: Cliff Clewless
- Heroic Sacrifice: Why Pam remains loyal to Brewster. He was a highly competent space captain who sacrificed his brain to save her from aliens.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Pam
- Idiot Hero: Brewster
- Ice Cream Koan: Toada
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Brewster (I think) once had a dream where he and other newspaper comics were being threatened by a dangerous ink spill.
- The Masquerade: No one on Earth knows about the aliens... somehow.
- The Men in Black: Agent X
- Morally-Ambiguous Doctorate: Dr. Mel has one. Doubles as a Mad Scientist
- Noodle Implements: The strips for September 18 and 19 of 2007.
- Only Sane Employee: Pam
- Only Sane Man: Pam and occasionally Brewster.
- Planet of Hats: Planet of the donut people, anyone?
- Punny Name: Just about everyone who doesn't have a Meaningful Name. Pamela Mae Snap, Dr. Mel Practice, Cliff Clewless, etc
- Too Dumb to Live
- Red Shirt: Ensign Kenny
- Right-Hand-Cat: In several comics you see Dr. Mel with a cat.
- Shout-Out: Numberous Science Fiction References. Dozens of Star Trek shout outs.
- Shown Their Work: Sunday strips will often focus on Dr. Mel a lecture on the planets and stars, often ending in a Genius Bonus joke. Not surprising since Tim Rickard is a MENSA member.
- Uranus Is Showing: Comes up pretty much whenever the unfortunately named O-Dor of Uranus appears. Certain members of the R.U. Sirius still haven't gotten over it.
- Useless Spleen: Winky appears to have an endless supply of replacement spleens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.