The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: The teenaged daughter in a Dom Com is usually bratty and self-centered.
- Straight: Alice and Bob's teenaged daughter Carla is a whiny, self-involved drama queen.
- Exaggerated: Carla is a huge drama queen and doesn't care about anything the family does unless it involves her.
- Justified: Hormonal changes in her teenaged body cause her to be moody.
- Carla is closer to Earth and the kindest and most humble person in the family.
- Alice and Bob's son Charlie is a self-involved, whiny drama queen.
- Subverted: Carla acts bratty like this, but when she gets enough attention and is happy she's a sweet girl who's easy to get along with.
- Double Subverted: Carla appears to just need attention to be amiable, but still yells and cries even after you try to get along with her.
- Carla screams that she hates everyone and slams doors at the slightest provocation.
- The split second she hits puberty, Carla transforms from a sweet-natured little angel into one of these.
- Carla doesn't get enough attention because her annoying younger siblings get all of it, and acting like this this is her way to get attention.
- Alternately: Alice and Bob give Carla everything they can to make her happy, but they end up ruining their own lives trying to impress their ungrateful daughter.
- Carla becomes much happier when her parents realize that she doesn't get the love and attention she needs.
- After seeing the damage she's caused, Carla complete reforms her attitude and the way she lives.
- Zig Zagged: One episode Carla is a nice teenaged girl, and the next she is a self-centered brat.
- Averted: Carla has the same moods and level of selfishness as all the other characters on the show.
- Enforced: We need someone everyone can hate.
- Lampshaded: "Look at that girl over there, throwing a tantrum. She must be a teenager."
- Invoked: Carla throws a tantrum to make herself look bad in front of her relatives and embarrass her parents.
- Defied: Carla is annoyed by other self-centered teenaged girls and decides to try her best to not become that.
- Discussed: "What do you mean you don't throw tantrums?! You're a teenager!"
- Conversed: "Of course Carla's been insufferable since the new season, she's the teenage daughter now."
Back to Bratty Teenage Daughter
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.