The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character is physically very attractive but unintelligent.
- Straight: Alice is pretty and popular but not overly bright.
- Exaggerated: Alice is so gorgeous everyone who sees her falls for her but is also a complete idiot.
- Downplayed: Everyone on the show is pretty hot, and none of them are exactly geniuses, but Alice is widely considered the best-looking and is most commonly the one acting The Ditz.
- Justified: Alice was always pretty and since her looks got her through life never bothered to apply herself in school.
- Inverted: Alice is plain looking and has a brilliant mind.
- Double Subverted:
- It becomes clear that Alice was never taught anything besides grooming, despite being capable of better.
- Alice becomes bitter in old age, as her looks have gone and she realises she wasted her youth.
- Alice's stupidity is so frustrating for others than even those attracted to her are quickly turned off.
- Reconstructed: It becomes clear that Alice skates by on being pretty whenever anyone tries to make her do something hard.
- Zig Zagged: Alice's intelligence varies by the hour.
- Averted: Alice is pretty but of average or better intelligence.
- Enforced: The writers wanted to make sure the audiences wanted to see Bob with Sue so purposely made Alice shallow and vapid to prevent people identifying with her instead.
- Exploited: "Viewers are Morons thus male viewers prefer female characters to be beautiful and stupid, since stupid women are easier to control and manipulate."
- Lampshaded: "Why are the good looking ones always so dim?"
- Invoked: Alice is hired because, first, she is stupid enough not to see through the Masquerade, and second, she is pretty enough that the people who might will be looking the wrong way.
- Exploited: Alice is juuust clever enough to realise that she's dumb, so she should probably make the most of her best features to succeed in life.
- Defied: Alice studies hard to avoid being stupid
- Discussed: "He's devastatingly hot. Don't put him on the research team."
- Conversed: "This character just goes to show that having IQ and being GQ are inversely proportional."
Back to Brainless Beauty.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.