|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- After the entire gang helps Cory get deal with everything changing in his life Corey starts listing all the things changing and how he's okay with them, before he gets to the last one Eric says it doesn't matter that things change, just how you react to them, queue this:
Cory: "...and I even accept Mr. Feeny retiring."
- In "Seven the Hard Way," Eric imagines what will happen to the group if they don't settle their current, very bitter disagreements. Eric himself is portrayed as a nutty recluse, having changed his name to "Plays with Squirrels."
Eric: I married a moose. [To Corey & Topanga, smugly] We don't need no counseling.
Mr. Feeney: Mr. Matthews?
Eric: Mr. Squirrels.
Eric: Plays With.
- And followed up by Feeney's reaction: "All right, everyone. I'll see you at my funeral."
- Every scene with Eric in the episode where Shawn tries to impress Angela's father is hilarious.
- In one episode, Shawn gets a pig and names it Little Cory. Topanga, in a well-meaning but pushy gesture, calls Animal Control because she feels the pig shouldn't live in Mr. Turner's apartment with Shawn, forcing Cory and Shawn to hide the pig at the Matthews house:
Animal Control Man: Let's save ourselves a lot time, a lot of unpleasantries. You've got a pig. I want him.
Shawn: This pig you speak of, could you describe him?
Animal Control Man: It looks like...A GREAT BIG LION!
Shawn: Oh, well, that's not our pig!
Cory: 'Cause, uh, we don't have one! So, Mr. Animal Control Man, kindly vacate my home at once or else I will be forced to call the Animal Control Control People. Yes, sir. Isn't that right, my dear Shawn?
Shawn: It sure is, my little Cory. [the pig comes down the stairs] Okay, who shaved the dog?
- Little Cory gets another crowning moment of funny in a shout out much later on when Shawn is living at university with his brother. Decrying the state of Shawn's bedroom, his brother shouts how even a pig couldn't live in this mess!. Shawn just gives him a knowing look and shifts aside a curtain, revealing said pig happily wallowing in his dirty clothes.
- Cory gets a lot of these later on when he becomes crazier and more neurotic. Most notably his complete breakdown after Shawn kisses Topanga for a college video and when he is unusually excited for he and Topanga's honeymoon:
Topanga: So you're just marrying me so you can consummate our relationship?
Cory: Me and 900 million other guys!
Topanga: Cory, I'm beginning to think you'd be fine if we spent our honeymoon in any old hotel.
Cory:' Or in the road...
Topanga: Cory, that's sick!
Cory: "That's sick?" I'm sick?! You know what's sick, everyone?! We have been in a relationship for SEVENTEEN YEARS, and you know what I've gotten in all that time? LET ME TOUCH SOMETHING!
- The entire male cast dancing to "Hot Stuff," And Eric's explaination for it:
Eric: Ladies and Gentlemen, since the dawn of time men have been idiots. This will make up for it.
- Eric gets a lot of these, there are simply far too many to list.
- The entire "Eric" part of the episode "Eric Hollywood" was hilarious! Some Hollywood people think Eric has acting talent after viewing his Shakespeare play, so they let him come to Hollywood to play a part in a T.V. show! The show happens to be the counterpart of Boy Meets World, with the characters behind the sets acting very different, with different (but similar) names,
Shawn/Schneider: (Cory/Ben is yelling at the director) He's yelling again. Stop the yelling. Make it stop! Make it stop!
- Cory disguised as a crusty waitress in "Chick Like Me". "My hosiery is bunching!"
- "Please pay at the register honey, and tipping is not a city in China!". Ben Savage's delivery of that line was perfect.
- Earlier in that episode when Cory first dresses up as a girl when he says "I knew it, I look fat". It's a simple line but Ben Savage's delivery makes it hilarious.
- "Hey great, a water gun in December. I'll be the little boy spreading pneumonia!"
- "Shallow Boy"- the whole episode's funny but there's one scene where Eric's trying to let Purity Sue songwriter Corinna down easy but she's off in her own world.
- Corinna: "I had a goldfish who died." Eric: "Suicide, was it?"
- "CHECK! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BRING ME A CHECK!"
- Oh it gets better, after he in no uncertain terms dumps her she ends up going Goth and writing angry and humiliating songs about him. He has to end up going back out with her again (which she agrees to because she was running out of material) and he forces her into a Heel Face Turn by singing "Tomorrow" with her. And to top it off, there's the credits, where Eric is listening to the radio & Corinna's new Lighter and Softer song is played, only to cut the song off within seconds.
DJ: Wow, that's bad! She's over!
Eric smirks & laughs evilly.
- Let's not forget the awesome song Morgan comes out singing:
He's a loser freak, loser freak. He's a maladjusted loser freak. He's a woman-hating, maladjusted loser freak!...And he doesn't like girls 'cause he's afraid of them, afraid of them! I think he likes boys if you know what I'm saying.
- In "Corey's Alternative Friends," when Mr. Feeny assigns Shawn and Minkus as partners, both Face Palm in unison.
- Feeney goes out of town for a weekend and Shawn opens up a bed and breakfast in his house. The entire plot is hilarious with Cory wondering what is wrong with the universe that Shawn appears to be getting away with it before Feeney reveals the cab driver gave them away ("The cab driver! I forgot to deport the cab driver!")... but then during the end credits, Feeney is trying to get the couple who missed check-out out of his bedroom (the honeymoon suite) and Topanga, who was dressed up as the maid through it all walks into frame, sees Feeney, her eyes go wide, and she turns right around, completely unseen by him.
- Cory and Shawn flashback to their first meeting, which ends with their younger selves hugging, with young Topanga saying 'Stop it. You're boys.' Cut back to the present, and they're hugging again, and Topanga says it again.
- Mr. Feeny reading Eric's one-man play: "'The hot wind howled, like a howling... hot... windy thing.'"
- Eric's word-a-day calendar: "This is the last time I buy anything from http://www.howdysucker.com!"
- "Only creeps and weirdos are awake now." [Door opens] "How're you doin'?"
- In "The Truth About Honesty", Shawn and Angela attempt to have no strings attached sex but before they can get anywhere Shawn tells her he loves her, which leads to this exchange:
Shawn: Aw man, I Cory'd this up didn't I?
Angela: You had to go and get "Heavy Shawn" didn't you?
Shawn: No I'm not getting heavy, Angela, I just think that an emotional commitment is the proper foundation for... OH MY GOD I'M BOTH OF THEM!
- Chet, Shawn and Jack's dad, gets some great lines in the series, especially in ghost form.
I got two stupid boys! Y'all embarass me in front of my dead friends!