|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Boy Eats Girl is a 2005 Irish comedic zombie film directed by Stephen Bradley, starring David Leon and Samantha Mumba.
Nathan (Leon) is a teenager secretly in love with the beautiful Jessica (Mumba). When it seems like she has hooked with his worst enemy, the local school bully, he decides to use some whiskey saved for the school dance to get drunk. While under the influence he becomes fascinated with a noose that's hanging a stuffed bear in his room. He drunkenly plays around with the noose around his neck while standing on a chair. Unfortunately his mother walks in at the wrong moment, accidently knocks over the chair he was standing on and Nathan ends up dead.
All is not lost though: Nathan's mother has come into possession of a book of voodoo rituals and brings Nathan back to life... sort of. He's mentally normal but filled with a craving for
brains the flesh of the living. Hilarity Ensues.
This film contains examples of:
- Bloody Hilarious: Zombies vs. combine harvester. The winner: the audience.
- Completely Different Title: In some countries the movie was called Scary Movie 5.
- Dawson Casting: Some of the 'students' are rather obviously in their mid-twenties.
- Dumb Blonde: "Listen, why don't we stay here 'till dawn. Doesn't sunlight kill them?" "That's vampires." "THERE'S VAMPIRES TOO?!" "Shh!/Shut up! I'll eat you myself!"
- Five-Man Band: Nathan- The Hero. Jessica-The Lancer. Diggs-The Big Guy. Henry-The Smart Guy. Cheryl-The Chick.
- Follow the Leader: Though it doesn't really resemble Shaun of the Dead in plot or character it was clearly made to try and follow up on the success of zombie comedies.
- Gorn: See the entry for Bloody Hilarious above.
- Hot Mom: Nathans mother is played by stunningly gorgeous comedienne Deirdre O'Kane (essentially the Irish version of Tina Fey for international tropers).
- My God, What Have I Done?: When Nathan realizes what's happening.
- Non Actor Vehicle: Pop singer Samatha Mumba plays the female lead.
- Our Zombies Are Different: A mash-up of Types V and F. Nathan himself is also Type R.
- Resurrected Romance
- Shower Scene
- Those Two Guys: Henry and Diggs.
- Use Your Head: When confronted by a zombified member of her Girl Posse, the resident Alpha Bitch surprisingly headbutts her undead friend and escapes.
- Visual Innuendo: When Jessica drops her flashlight... well...
- Zombie Apocalypse