|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"I look snappy! Your argument is invalid!"—Aurus
Apprentice wizard Aurus drinks the immortality potion after his master Demir who intended to drink it died while it was cooking. However, other wizards want immortality too. Unfortunately, the main ingredient is the left eyeball of the current immortal.
Eternally naive Aurus looks for happy things to fill his immortal life with, but it always becomes more complicated than getting some more candy as he has a knack for inciting people to inflict violence upon him.
Webcomic located here.
Boy Aurus provides examples of:
- Back-Alley Doctor: Niccolo and Mint take Aurus to a Moretti-allied veterinarian after he requests they not take him to a hospital.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Book Dumb: Aurus in anything besides magic.
- Child Mage: Aurus
- The Dandy: Aurus
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Deliberately Cute Child: If Aurus knows googly eyes make you melt, be ready to lose a fortune on candy.
- Disproportionate Retribution
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off
- Geometric Magic
- Girls Have Cooties
- Healing Factor
- The Hedonist
- Hermetic Magic
- Horrible Judge of Character: For a boy who hates lies, Aurus is lied to fairly often.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: The title always has "boy" in it.
- Insane Troll Logic: Aurus commits this fairly often.
- Intergenerational Friendship
- I Owe You My Life: Aurus considers Simab in his debt based on a not-entirely-serious uttering of this phrase.
- Living Forever Is Awesome
- Lonely Rich Kid: Niccolo
- The Mafia: The Moretti and Rossi families
- Manipulative Bastard
- Might Makes Right: Aurus believes this is the truth of the world.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Bloody noses are terrible to Niccolo.
- Never Grew Up: Aurus is permanently mentally and physically as he was the day he became immortal.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Aurus tends to get in people's space and hugs anything even slightly friendly.
- Noodle Incident: Something petty to the average medieval man involving jiggling is never to be mentioned ever again in Aurus' presence.
- Only One Name
- Our Homunculi Are Different: Aurus' attempt to create a takwin results in a phallic-shaped animated piece of clay.
- Parental Abandonment
- Rich in Dollars, Poor In Sense: "I am so rich that I don't need math"
- Shoe Shine, Mister?
- Squishy Wizard
- Waistcoat of Style: Aurus and Niccolo.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Will Not Tell a Lie
- Would Hurt a Child
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Aurus believes his universe runs on fairy tale rules. It does not.