|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Americans Hate Tingle: Russian theaters wouldn't show it for fear it would cause race riots. It went straight to DVD.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The USC frat boys. After giving Borat a lecture on misogyny (and how it's awesome!), they start lamenting that minorities have more rights than white people and that it's a shame we no longer have slaves in this country.
- Dude, Not Funny:
- The scene where he basically walks into a shop full of plates and lamps and other pottery and ceramics, and "accidentally" smashes everything. There was probably some kind of context where they were compensated in real life, but as presented on screen it just seems a little cruel.
- The people of Glod, the Romanian village presented as Borat's Kasakhstan home, are seriously dirt poor, and were lied to about the nature of the film, and were not remotely pleased to discover that in the film they were playing rapists, prostitutes, abortionists and bestialists. They earned about three dollars a day working on a film that grossed over $260 million. While their representative was abroad trying to file the claim, his shop was robbed. The film's kinda left a bit of a wake.
- Ear Worm: "Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, all other countries are run by little girls ..."
- Memetic Mutation: EEES NICE!
- Yesh mesh!
- Misaimed Fandom: Perhaps inevitably, Borat has attracted some of this.
- Older Than They Think: Although it introduced Borat to most moviegoers, this movie was actually not the character's first appearance on film. He previously made a cameo in Ali G Indahouse as a delegate from Kazakhstan who meets Ali at a conference.
- Values Dissonance: Used to make a point.
- The Woobie: Borat is one from the moment he learns that Pamela's not a virgin to when he meets Mr. Jesus.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.