|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Boneyard is a fantasy comic book series by Richard Moore that ran from 2001 to 2009. It tells the tale of Michael Paris, a young man who inherits a plot of land in a town called Raven's Hollow. That plot of land turns out to be a graveyard, inhabited by an array of monsters. Fortunately, the monsters are quite friendly. They include Abbey, a beautiful vampiress; Ralph, a werewolf; Sid, a dirty old skeleton; Edgar, a talking, glasses-wearing raven; Hildy, a homely witch; Nessie, a busty, nymphomaniac gillwoman; Brutus, her unspeaking and enormous Frankensteinian husband; Glumph, a short and obnoxious demon/mad scientist; Leon and Boris, a pair of very silly gargoyles; Nightcrawler, some kind of worm-thing; and Mr. Vincent, a mortician who's a little overfond of his job.
On the downside, the Devil wants the graveyard for some reason, and is constantly trying to trick Michael into giving it to him.
Mostly humorous, with occasional dramatic touches and a romantic subplot,
- Action Girl: Abbey. Nessie sometimes has her moments.
- Adorkable: Michael.
- Cool Shades: Ralph is usually shown wearing a pair.
- Did You Just Have Tea With Cthulhu: Abbey ends an attack by zombies by gently talking down the Eldritch Abomination that caused it.
- Fridge Horror: A Running Gag throughout the series is Nessie's attempts to seduce Michael. Later, we learn that her husband Brutus' greatest fear is her cheating on him.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Abbey.
- Freudian Excuse: Nessie's nymphomania derives from the fact that her first love sold her to a traveling carnival, which not only turned her into a sideshow exhibit, but also whored her out.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Abbey does not get along at ALL well with Lilith, who transformed her into a vampire.
- Meaningful Name: Lampshaded, when Mayor Wormwood is revealed to be the Devil.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Nessie. Dear GOD, Nessie.
- Pettanko: Abbey.
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old: Abbey.
- Sunglasses At Night: Ralph almost never takes off his sunglasses, so this comes up fairly often.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Brutus and Nessie.
- UST: Abbey and Michael.