The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Author's Saving Throw: A rather mild example. Though "Beth/Rest" has since become quite popular among the fandom, it was at first intensely divisive due to its Retraux style and use of Auto-Tune. Vernon responded by performing an entirely acoustic version featuring just him and a piano. This version is universally beloved, even among those who didn't like the original.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Song version. "Perth," "Flume," "Beth/Rest," and "The Wolves (Act I and II)" aren't singles but are fan favorites and get played live at most concerts.
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: "Perth" has been confirmed for single release!
- Epic Riff: "Perth," "Towers," "Beth/Rest."
- I Am Not Shazam: Even though the band has a set lineup now, Justin Vernon still gets called "Bon Iver" sometimes.
- Love It or Hate It: "Beth/Rest", at first. It was either one of the best songs of 2011 or the biggest flaw on an album from that year.
- Narm Charm: "Beth/Rest" embodies this, making use of so many 80s cliches that it would seem horrible on paper. So why is it so damn moving? Nobody knows.
- Several reviewers actually theorized that the entire album was arranged to build up to it.
- Tear Jerker: A hell of a lot. Particularly "Re: Stacks," the climax of "The Wolves (Acts I & II)," "Beth/Rest," "Perth," "Skinny Love," and "Hinnom, TX.," not to mention "Holocene" and "Towers," which can induce Tears of Joy.
- "Calgary" is probably one of the most gut-wrenchingly tearjerking songs of the bunch.
- Wangst: AVERTED. One would think an album called "For Emma Forever Ago" would be filled with this, but somehow it isn't.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.