|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"I'll never forget that kiss for as long as I live."—--Meita Kitazono
Boku wa Kisu de Uso wo Tsuku is a 2008 Shojo manga series by Rei Toma.
Meita Kitazono is a second year high school student who spends her time in the library every day, where she enjoys reading novels--specifically, mystery novels. During one visit after school, Meita falls asleep and is awakened by a kiss.
However, Meita is uncertain on who exactly kissed her, as she wakes up to find the culprit missing, but there were four guys that were inside the library on that same day--popular Shinoda Shinobu, cool Kyoichiro Mikoshiba, the Dogged Nice Guy Shota Mogami, and Token Mini-Moe underclassman Shinichi Hachiya.
Who is Meita's secret admirer?
This series provides the following tropes:
- Alliterative Name: Shinobu Shinoda.
- Curtains Match the Window: Shinobu, Mikoshiba, and Mogami.
- Defrosting Ice King: Mikoshiba.
- Dogged Nice Guy:
- Mogami is described as the "boys-next-door" type.
- Shinobu became a library monitor merely because Meita goes to the library every day.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma: The whole premise of the story is Meita trying to figure out who kissed her in her sleep.
- First Guy Wins
- Green-Eyed Monster: Shinoda gets jealous when he notices that Meita and Mikoshiba have been spending a lot of time together talking, and she often goes running to him when she's uncomfortable with talking to Shinoda.
- Harem Genre
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Shinoda and Mikoshiba. Mogami and Hachiya.
- Megane: Mikoshiba.
- Red Herring: All four guys show an interest in Meita, which confuses her and makes her second-guess and wonder just which guy was the one who kissed her in the library. Of course, one can always remember the predictable choice in a Harem Genre--First Guy Wins.
- Sacred First Kiss
- School Idol: Shinoda and Mikoshiba.
- Shoujo Demographic
- The Stoic: Mikoshiba.
- Not So Stoic: Mikoshiba snaps at Meita because he's getting so annoyed that she's so fixated on her mystery kiss that she doesn't notice the feelings of others--such as the fact that she just noticed that he was wet from the rain when he's been following the entire time to bring her umbrella.
- Token Mini-Moe: Hachiya.