|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"I'm trapped in this body and can't...get...out..."—Radiohead, Bodysnatchers
A person's body is taken over by some foreign intelligence. It's not brainwashing, because they still have control of their own mind -- but that's all they have. Either they've been reduced to a spectator in their own body, or their soul has been booted out of their body entirely. Either way, the rest of the cast will soon find he's Not Himself.
This can come in several flavors:
- Body Surf -- The Body Snatcher leaps from host to host over the course of the story.
- Demonic Possession -- A spirit or energy being who puts the host's mind in a straitjacket.
- Freaky Friday Flip -- Body swapping for fun and learning. Hilarity Ensues.
- Grand Theft Me -- The Snatcher has a body, but they want a new one. Yours.
- People Puppets -- Directly controlling another's body -- no mucking about with souls.
- Puppeteer Parasite -- Body Snatchers who are physical parasites. Body Horror ensues.
For information on specific types of hosts, look to Body and Host.
Not to be confused with the people who steal corpses.