|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A trilogy series about Bobbie Faye Sumrall, a Walking Disaster Area of a woman who lives in Louisiana. The first book starts with her trailer flooding - on the same day that her brother Ray is kidnapped AND CPS is coming by to make sure she's taking care of her lush little sister's five-year-old.
The first two books were named Bobbie Faye's Very (very very very) Bad Day and Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels. The publishers decided to rebrand the series (much to This Troper's disappointment) and rename the books:
- Charmed and Dangerous (formerly Bad Day)
- Girls Just Wanna Have Guns (formerly Family Jewels)
- When A Man Loves A Weapon.
- Blind Seer: Bobbie Faye's aunt is one.
- Disappeared Dad
- Hollywood Voodoo: done by Bobbie Faye's boss in order to help her. It gets weird.
- I Take Offense to That Last One: Trevor comments on Bobbie Faye blowing things up. She responds that she hasn't...then pauses, and adds, 'lately'. Needless to say, it fills him with confidence.
- Love Triangle: Bobbie Faye, her ex Cameron, and Trevor.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: "Not only no, but hell no. We already had the Alamo, we don't need Bobbie Faye." - The Governor of Texas, on the phone with the governor of Louisiana. (chapter title)
- Walking Disaster Area: The Trope Codifier. Every chapter has a different quote from someone who has survived her - her luck is bad for her and her surroundings.
- Things she has done: Had the 4H cattle of her high school stampede in the same year she blew up/burned down the chemistry lab. She also caused a huge bonfire for a school spirit contest (and got away with it, since apparently football is second only to oxygen in Louisiana), helped/led to a grain silo BLOWING UP, shot a truck multiple times (it ended up at the bottom of a lake, although she wasn't DIRECTLY responsible...), accidentally (really) abetted a bank robbery...and a lot more I can't quite remember. Plus all the things listed in the chapter titles.
- What happened to her (and any stupid enough to stay in her blast radius): Woke up to find her brother kidnapped, her trailer flooded on the same day Social Services was coming by to make sure her niece was well-taken-care-of, had to chase after some bank robbers while under suspicion of helping them in order to rescue her brother (kidnapping a hottie Federal Agent on the way)...