|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Bob the Builder is a BBC children's series first broadcast in 1999 which involves the titular manual labourer and a group of living construction vehicles. Regularly broadcast on CBeebies (the BBC's channel for young children).
This programme contains examples of:
- Art Evolution: inverted. The show started off as a rather high quality claymated stop-motion. Now it's a rather low quality computer-animation like several other kids shows seem to be turning to these days.
- Catch Phrase: Two main ones. Once an Episode (or once with Bob and once with another character), someone would ask, 'Can we [verb, usually 'fix'] it?', to which other characters would respond, 'Yes, we can!' - long before someone from America became associated with the catchphrase.
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: the construction vehicles.
- Cultural Translation: Despite the series being pretty blatantly set in Britain, the American version is dubbed with US accents. Reputedly the dub is at least partly to avoid confusion over words like 'football'.
- Everything's Better with Bob: Well, of course.
- The Eeyore: Lofty the crane
- Genki Girl: Dizzy the concrete mixer
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Neil Morrissey, Colin MacFarlane and June Whitfield are among the voice cast.
- Slasher Smile: Every human character in this show (as well as Spud) is prone to these.