The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes used in Bob and Rose include:
- Boy Meets Girl: Boy meets girl. Boy is gay and girl has a boyfriend, but they fall in love anyway. Everyone else thinks they're crazy.
- Cast Full of Gay
- Cure Your Gays: Wildly averted, as you would expect from a series written by a gay man. Bob falls in love with Rose as a person, but he is still attracted to men.
- Fag Hag: Holly. Also Bob's mum Monica, who is an enthusiastic supporter of gay rights.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: The bus that Bob and Monica handcuff themselves to is very transparently run by Stagecoach (and is inspired by an actual protest in the exact same place), known as "TBC" because Davies didn't want to raise the ire of the transport company's lawyers.
- Mama Bear: Monica, who is always 100% supportive of Bob.
- Settled for Gay: Averted - Bob and Rose are both in love and sexually attracted to each other.
- Straight Gay: Rose doesn't realise Bob is gay until she puts a few clues together.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Inverted - Bob is puzzled to find himself in love and attracted to a woman for the only time in his life.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.