|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Miles Logan (Lawrence) is a reputed jewel thief who, along with some accomplices, successfully steals a $17 million diamond in Los Angeles. After an argument with one of the accomplices as to how the profits from the diamond should be divided among them, the police close in on them, and Logan is forced to hide the diamond in the air conditioning ducts of a construction site. He is then arrested. Two years later, Logan is released from prison whereupon he seeks to reclaim the diamond, which should still be there in the ducts. To his dismay, he discovers the construction site was that of a police station. In order to get in to retrieve the diamond, he is forced to pose as a cop. Hilarity Ensues.
This film provides examples of:
- Delivery Guy Infiltration: Prior to posing as a cop, Logan unsuccessfully attempts to get into the station by posing as a pizza delivery boy.
- Although he is able to swipe the keycard from the Luke Wilson character with this guise, which enables him to pose as a cop later.
- Donut Mess with a Cop: At one point, Logan sees a box of donuts and happily grabs one, only to put it back with the words, "I'm not a cop."
- Hand Off: At one point, Logan is introduced to a high ranking police officer who extends his hand to shake. He had previously spied the man applying lotion to his private parts, so instead hugs him.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten: At one point, Logan, still posing as a cop, is forced to pose as a drug dealer as part of a sting operation. The head of the ring asks him to shoot a man to prove he isn't a cop. Since he hates the other man, he obliges, but doesn't shoot to kill. When told to kill him, he would have failed the test if not for the other cops showing up.
- The same scene also counts as a subversion of Shoot Your Mate, as Logan does not like the guy he's asked to kill.
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: Logan mistakenly says in Spanish: "I have a cat in the pants."
- Run for the Border: The ending.