The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Better on DVD: You get all the jokes that had to be cut from syndication and none of the commercial breaks.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The original movie's score is used almost verbatim.
- First Installment Wins
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- You know the scene where Peter/Han has various Stormtroopers dig their own graves using their own helmets as shovels and then line them up to be killed, that he did in order to "make the film darker?" Well, the 2012 Essential Guide to Warfare kind of shows that the Ewoks during the battle essentially did something similar.
- The episodes had two year gaps between them. After "It's a Trap" aired in 2011, Peter said that The Cleveland Show could handle the Prequel Trilogy. Fast forward two years, and The Cleveland Show was cancelled that year.
- In "Blue Harvest", Obi-Wan/Herbert runs off only to quickly come back, sarcastically asking what kind of person would do that. Luke Skywalker did just that in The Last Jedi after he crossed the Despair Event Horizon.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Quagmire's German voice actor (Hans-Georg Panczak) was Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy.
- Osama Bin Laden saying "Still Alive" after popping out of the Tatooine desert? Fast forward three weeks...
- After Lucasfilm was bought by Disney in 2012, production on the specials halted as Disney kept tighter control on the property than Lucasfilm did. In 2019, Disney bought Fox.
- As Rogue One revealed, yes, the Death Star's weakpoint really was a conscious choice by the architect.
- In the Jedi parody, Palpatine is played by Carter, the grandfather of Chris, who portrays Luke. Fast forward to The Rise of Skywalker and the finale is Palpatine facing off against his grandchild.
- Bonus points for the fact that Carter also portrayed Uncle Owen in the A New Hope parody before portraying Palpatine, with Owen being killed by the Empire like in A New Hope, sort of like how Palpatine not only was responsible for the death of Rey's parents (and his son, more specifically), but also the fact that said son was a failed clone of Palpatine going by the novelization of the film.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.