|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Bloody Birthday is a 1981 horror film about three sociopathic children born under an eclipse as foretold that anyone born under an eclipse would have a personality flaw, the children are Debbie, Curtis, and Steven, Joyce Russel and her brother Timmy must work together to stop their murderous rampage.
Tropes featured in this film include:
- Adults Are Useless:
- Axe Crazy: All three children, Curtis in particular.
- Batter Up: Steven beats Debbie's father Sheriff Brodie to death with a baseball bat
- Cassandra Truth:
- Chivalrous Pervert: Curtis is quite perverted for someone who's only ten years old.
- Creepy Child:
- Disproportionate Retribution: They murder their teacher Ms. Davis because she won't allow them a day off from school for their birthday parties.
- Enfant Terrible:
- Eye Scream: Beverly gets an arrow through the eye by her psychotic younger sister Debbie
- Karma Houdini: Curtis and Steven are arrested while Debbie escapes with her mother under a new identity so she can continue to murder.
- Nerd Glasses: Curtis who is one of the most intelligent children in the film wears a pair of these.
- Too Dumb to Live: Even though she knew about the peephole Debbie set up Beverly never thinks to cover it up, which results in her death.