The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Violence occurs, but no blood or major wounds are shown.
- Straight: Bob gets stabbed and falls down, but does not bleed or have visible wounds.
- Exaggerated: Bob is shot five times from point blank range, then stabbed profusely, fed through a large meat grinder, and poked with a spatula. His dead body appears to be completely intact, with no blood to be seen.
- Justified: Bob is some sort of inhuman entity who has no blood, and so when he is shot, he does not bleed.
- Bob is shot with an Agony Beam that does not cause physical damage to the tissue, but disintegrates the tissue to atom levels.
- Inverted: High-Pressure Blood sprays from even the slightest wound.
- Subverted: Bob gets stabbed and appears not to be bleeding, but he's wearing several layers of clothing and it just hadn't soaked through yet.
- Bob appears not to be bleeding, but he's suffering an internal tissue bleeding.
- Double Subverted: ...Except the dark splotch on his red jacked isn't blood, because the sword also stabbed through the canteen of tomato juice carried from the string around his neck.
- Parodied: Alice stabs Bob repeatedly, getting increasingly frustrated that he won't bleed or show signs of damage, even though he's long dead. Eventually, she just gives up.
- Deconstructed: Because his violent deeds don't cause any unsightly blood or large wounds, the villain becomes desensitized to killing and starts mass-murdering people.
- Reconstructed: A program is put in place to make sure everyone knows the horrors of violent actions despite the fact that nobody ever bleeds or shows major external injury.
- Zig Zagged: Alice stabs a mook who bleeds out, yet when Bob shoots her several times and leaves her to die she never bleeds. Bob ends up finishing Alice later and she bleeds then.
- Averted: People are wounded in perfectly normal amounts when they are injured.
- It's a family-friendly show, and they need to keep it that way, so blood can't be shown even if violence does pop up.
- The game is for a low configuration portable console, and it doesn't have the resources to display blood.
- Lampshaded: "AUGH! Even if I'm not bleeding, this invisible stab wound hurts like a bitch, so help me out, guys!"
- Invoked: An Ax Crazy character makes sure to be very clean when he attacks people, to save him the trouble of too much cleaning up the evidence.
- Defied: An Ax Crazy character won't stop until the crime scene is covered in blood, and can't stand to make just a small, clean wound.
- Discussed: "Oh my god, you've been stabbed!" "Why am I not bleeding? Why do we never bleed here?"
- Conversed: Before his first big battle, the hero's mentor reminds him that even though fiction might not show blood when people get shot and stabbed, reality is different.
Back to Bloodless Carnage
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.