|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
BloodRayne is the third video game movie by Uwe Boll.
The first film centers around the Dhampyr Rayne seeking to bring down her vampire father, Kagan. Instead of centering around killing Nazis, the first film is set around the Middle Ages and features a more laid back Rayne compared to her video game counterpart. But afterall, Uwe Boll made this film and his faithfulness to source material has always been lacking.
Next film has Rayne moving to America to hunt vampires in the Wild West, who are led by Billy the Kid.
The third film is in more line with the games as it features Nazis. There is also a good number of historical inaccuracies, and appalling German accents.
As of now, a fourth film is in development, rumored to be set in modern times. This is sadly pretty much the first franchise of films by Uwe Boll.
These films contain the examples of:
- Attempted Rape: Rayne is almost raped by the one of the circus workers in the first movie, but during the quarrel some blood is drawn and her powers are awakened.
- Bare Your Midriff: Rayne in the second film.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Rayne's signature weapons, which are replaced with swords in the third film.
- Coitus Ensues: There's a sex scene between Rayne and Sebastian, with no build up beforehand. The third film also features Rayne having sex with Nathaniel for no legitimate reason.
- Dual-Wielding: With some Guns Akimbo too in the second film.
- Fan Service: Rayne lounging in the brothel in the third film.
- Fortune Teller: Rayne finds out about her Chosen One status when she meets one in the first film.
- Gatling Good: Before being staked, Billy the Kid gets gunned down by one in Deliverance.
- Historical Domain Character: Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett in Deliverance.
- Large Ham: The sheriff of Deliverance.
- In the first movie, Meat Loaf as Leonid.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Attempted by the people of Deliverance.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Mangler in the third film.
- Mismatched Eyes: Rayne's eyes when she receives one of the Plot Coupons.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Deliverance has.... VAMPIRE COWBOYS! ....it's less exciting than it sounds.
- Numbered Sequels: Stopped Numbering Sequels after Deliverance.
- Oddly-Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Of Corsets Sexy: Rayne in the third film.
- Plot Coupon: Rayne and Kagan are looking for the holy (unholy?) body parts that take away vampire weaknesses in the first film.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: "Guten tag, motherfuckers!"
- Sad Times Montage: In the last 5 minutes, after Rayne kills Kagan and sits on the throne, the viewer is treated to about 3-4 minutes of slow motion shots of many of the gory kills in the film. But it seems more like a special effects montage showcasing the over-the-top gore effects and pathetic fight choreography.
- Showdown At High Noon: Inverted in Deliverance as the both instances happen at midnight.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Some soundtrack snippets in Deliverance are suspiciously similar to the main theme of Once Upon a Time in the West.
- Sword Fight: Plenty of it in the first film, even the climactic action scene is one.
- Those Wacky Nazis
- Vampire Vords: Billy the Kid actually talks likes this in Deliverance.
- Weakened by the Light
- Weird West: Deliverance
- What Measure Is a Mook?: In the third film, Rayne herself mentions that the German soldiers sign up for her slaughter campaign when they "Donned jackboots and fell into rank and file." However, this is overshadowed by the fact that Rayne and Nathaniel have a brief conversation about the word donned being dated despite the fact that Nathaniel should not actually be speaking English.
- Would Hurt a Child: Billy the Kid in Deliverance, who loves to feast upon children.