The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- A dimwitted foreman named Taggart is building a railroad in the intervals of being Hedey ("That's Hedley!") Lamarr's henchman. Cut to Ayn Rand's magnum opus Atlas Shrugged (1957), in which Dagny Taggart is trying to save the railroad her grandfather built...
- Lili Von Shtupp
- She is a fairly obvious parody of Marlene Dietrich in Destry Rides Again.
- Her name is a Shout-Out to two characters in The Great Race: Lily Olay (who sings a song in a Wild West dance hall) and Baron von Stuppe.
- At one point she says "Wilkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome. Come on in!"
- The first time she appears, the melody of "Springtime for Hitler" is played on an old-timey piano.
- Brooks has outright admitted that he gave the huge-but-dim thug Mongo the name "Mongo" in the first place just so he could have another character shout "Mongo! Santa Maria!", a reference to the legendary jazz percussionist Mongo Santamaria.
- The "We don't need no stinking badges!" line is a paraphrase of a line from John Huston's The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
- Two of Governor LePetomane's staff are named Frankie and Johnny, a reference to the old song "Frankie and Johnny".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.