|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Blank It is a webcomic by Lemuel "Lemmo" Pew and Aric McKeown. It follows two amnesiac author avatars as they wander around a blank, white landscape, dotted here and there with colonies with increasingly bizarre devices and civilizations. Needs More Love.
Provides examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: This strip.
- Amusing Injuries: People certainly get their hands chopped off a lot.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Hand Juice, used for re-growing hands.
- Author Avatar: When assigning themselves names, the characters come up with the names of the comic's creators.
- Beautiful Void
- Blah Blah Blah: The about page.
- According to Google translate, that page is in Irish.
- Body Horror: Chapter 1's hand juice incident is fairly tame as these things go, but Chapter 2 gets bodily horrifying right quick.
- Brick Joke: Many, many examples of this.
- B Side Story: "Spilling the Beans", the intermission after Chapter 1, tells the tale of how one superhero deals with his secret identity being revealed. It's really a Xanatos Gambit by his brother, the real superhero, to defeat his archnemesis the Stare Master.
- Cosmic Playthings: "What are the odds of us having any say in how this turns out?"
- Erudite Stoner: Definitely Lemmo's archetype. Random and seemingly childish at times, but capable of surprising wisdom when it's called for.
Lemmo: [Regarding the inexplicable nature of their universe] It'll bother you less if you think of it as a ride.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Both Aric (polka dots) and Lemmo (Space Invaders).
- Healing Potion: Hand juice counts!
- Ho Yay: They have a tendency to act very gay for each other, including questionable facial expressions.
- Humongous Mecha: The Cookie Kingdom castle charges after Aric and Lemmo. Who else defends them than both breeds of the trap robots, in mecha form.
- I Take Offense to That Last One: In this strip.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: The bug's use insults as a power source for light and whenever they demonstrate it blocks out the words
- Ontological Mystery: Yes.
- Reality Is Out to Lunch: At the start of Chapter 2, Lemmo and Aric find themselves in a looping universe. Which stops looping once Lemmo realizes it, and then re-orients itself vertically and squeezes our heroes into goo (through the cracks of a cabin floor!).
- Revenge: Pericles wants it upon our heroes because of the time when they gave him a name and thus disgraced him in front of his community of unnameables.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Aric has these here.
- Aric also has an earlier example here.
- Shout-Out: For example, a recent strip was titled "Rising Against".
- Shovel Strike: Silly Aric, shovels are for digging!
- Troll: Aric's handpuppet-bot is shaping up to be this.
- White Void Room: Also known as the "canvas".
- The Wiki Rule: They have a fan-maintained Blank It wiki.
- The Worm That Walks: Made up of tiny robots.
- Wild Mass Guessing: Not on the wiki itself, but in the webcomic wiki. Their WMG page explicitly notes that it was named for the original WMG page on TV Tropes.