|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Black Widow is the next movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Spider-Man: Far From Home, the second entry in Phase 4, and the eleventh solo movie for a member of the "core six" Avengers, after Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War.
After the events of Captain America: Civil War, Natasha is on the run from the authorities. She reunites with her two friends, Yelena Belova, Melina Vostokoff and Alexei Shostakov (aka Red Guardian), in order to stop Taskmaster, a mysterious supervillain who is an expert in hand to hand combat and armed combat.
NOTE: Due to the nature of this movie, this page will contain SPOILERS for Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers Endgame. You have been warned.
- Ambiguous Gender: Taskmaster wears full body armour and looks very androgynous, and pre-release material don't shows him talking or who is playing him, making it dubious if it is Tony Masters below the mask like in the comics.
- Acrofatic: Alexei can still kick ass in hand-to-hand combat despite his massive girth.
- Adaptational Heroism: Yelena and Melina (apparently) are heroines in this movie, while they are both villains in the comics.
- Adaptational Wimp: Melina doesn't have her Iron Maiden armor in the movie.
- Badass Normal: Natasha, Yelena, Alexei and Taskmaster don't have superpowers
- Can't Die Before Getting Killed: Natasha can't die in this movie because she dies in Vormir. On a larger scale, Taskmaster's scheme must fail since Earth needs to be intact in order to fall victim to the Snap. Likewise, the "Pro-Bucky VS Anti-Bucky" conflict must endure since it's Thanos and his actions that dissolve that conflict.
- Husky Russkie: Alexei.
- Legacy Character: Both Natasha and Yelena are Black Widow.
- Superman Stays Out of Gotham/Four Lines, All Waiting: Scott and Hope don't help Natasha because they are both busy with the events of Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- Whole-Episode Flashback: This movie takes place in the same timeframe as Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther and Ant-Man and The Wasp.