|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
2007 horror/comedy film directed by Jonathan King and produced by the New Zealand Film Commission.
Henry Oldfield and his brother Angus help their father raise sheep. A tasteless prank involving Henry being attacked by his older brother who's wearing the skin of Henry's beloved pet sheep Dudley followed by news of their father's death due to an accident results in Henry developing severe ovinophobia, fear of sheep, which causes him to leave New Zealand, never to return until his brother asks to buy Henry's share of the farm as Angus plans to use modern bioengineering methods to better sell his sheep. As Henry is shown about the farm, members of an Animal Wrongs Group, Grant and Experience, steal a sample from Angus's laboratory and accidentally release a bioengineered lamb who proceeds to infect the rest of the sheep to create hordes of bloodthirsty sheep.
Not to be confused with the Chris Farley/David Spade film.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Killer sheep. Really.
- Animal Wrongs Group: WEKA. Although it sounds like Grant is the reason things keep going wrong.
- Baa Bomb: Near the end of the movie, the infected sheep have been safely corraled, but there's not enough medicine to cure them all. Multiple sheep farting makes Henry realize they have an alternative way of ridding themselves of the sheep...
- Black Sheep: At the beginning of the film, it's Angus, who apparently can't participate in the herding of the sheep due to a bad leg. Later, Henry's ovinophobia makes him the effective black sheep of the family due to being unable to help with the family business.
- But You Screw One Goat!: Angus is revealed to have had carnal relations with the sheep on the farm. Bonus points for it being incestuous.
- Granola Girl: Experience.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The killer sheep are a mixture of zombies and lycanthropes.
- Raising the Steaks: The killer sheep are essentially zombie (Type P) sheep who can turn humans into were-sheep.
- Black Comedy Rape: While Henry is trying to cross the field of killer sheep disguised by a wool seat cover, one of the rams takes quite a bit of interest in his crawling form...
- Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: Angus and Henry find that their infection lets them walk among the killer sheep unharmed.
- Shout-Out: WETA did the special effects for the film. WEKA is the name of the Animal Wrongs Group in the film. Even better is that both are named after actual New Zealand animals.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Angus locks himself, and the "prototype" of a new breed of sheep, in his study to protect them from man-eating sheep. When we next see him, he's smoking a cigarette in his underwear.