|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster: Hinako's stepdad.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The story piles so much weepy tragedy over the protagonists, and uses rape so liberally as a plot device (ie., was there an acutal point to Hinako being assaulted AGAIN, other than Daisuke almost killing her second abuser/Mangsting about it and her being the Woobie-st Woobie ever?), many fans of the series tend to get bored and stop reading because the plot feels like a huge chore.
- Iron Woobie: Hinako, while also being very vulnerable, does have a tinge of iron, starting from the first chapter when an oblivious Daisuke pushes her against the wall, intending to take her up on her "faux innocence" (as he thinks), and is shocked to find her staring right at him, as if resolving herself to some terrible fate. Considering what must be going through her mind, all one can say is "Wow".
- Nightmare Fuel: For anyone that plans to have children.
- Unfortunate Implications: Daisuke and one of his friends are pretty much the only male characters that aren't shown as perverts and/or rapists. Yes, the story happens in a small village, but sheesh.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.