|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A Take That towards the employers or people funding the work.
- Straight: In a show funded by Trope Inc, Alice tells the Big Bad "You're just a money grabbing selfish jerk. Kind of like those idiots at Trope Inc!"
- Exaggerated: The Big Bad is played by the CEO of Trope Inc, and tells Alice "Since I run Trope Inc, I'll take that as a compliment."
- Justified: The creator of the work had had enough of the Executive Meddling and decided to show it.
- Inverted: Alice gushes over Trope Inc, calling them heroes.
- Subverted: Alice compliments Trope Inc instead of insulting it.
- Double Subverted: ...but she was being sarcastic.
- Deconstructed: Trope Inc tell the creator to be careful with their insults, or they'll pull the work's funding.
- Reconstructed: The fans of the work had a very positive reaction to Trope Inc being insulted, so Trope Inc tell the creator to do it more.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Insult Trope Inc? And get our funding pulled? Yeah, that can only end well."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: ???
- Played For Drama: ???
Back to Biting The Hand Humor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.