|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: An attractive character sparkles.
- Straight: Steve, a good-looking character, sparkles in the light.
- Exaggerated: Steve's sparkles make his actual body nearly invisible.
- Justified: Steve is actually wearing glitter.
- Attractive individuals like Steve do not sparkle. Ugly characters like Sam, however, do sparkle.
- Steve is surrounded by a light-absorbing aura.
- Subverted: Steve looks as if he sparkles, but the shot turns out to be a photograph, and it's nothing more than a glare that was in the photo.
- Double Subverted: At least, it looks like it, until we actually see Steve and he really does sparkle.
- Parodied: Steve is entirely obscured beneath his cloud of sparkles, which causes all those around him to go temporarily blind and stumble comically around.
- Deconstructed: Steve suffers from serious vision problems due to the reflective qualities of his skin, and finds himself incapable of going out in the sunlight.
- Reconstructed: Steve wears sunglasses so that he isn't blinded by his own sparkles.
- Zig Zagged: Steve sparkles, but it's rainy and it's just the rain... then he dries off and he still sparkles, but soon he washes off the glitter he was wearing... Then, actual skin no longer given a reason to shine, he glimmers so brightly that the whole room is illuminated.
- Averted: Steve, though possibly attractive, never sparkles.
- Enforced: "We want the girls to love this guy, so... let's make him sparkly, girls love sparkly."
- Lampshaded: "He's awful shiny for a normal human."
- Invoked: Steve, an attractive individual, wears glitter in the hopes of enhancing his appeal.
- Defied: Steve, knowing that his attractiveness puts him at risk for sparkling, wears heavy matte makeup at all times.
- Discussed: "How is he... sparkling? It's not like there's any reason... that's just creepy."
- Conversed: A group of girls Squee over Steve and talk about how they wish he sparkled like in anime.
Back to Bishie Sparkle. *sparkle*
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.