|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Shooting people is always the answer when there are no real-world consequences."—--Reg's Mom on Mass Effect 1
An ongoing series about one mother's playthroughs of the various Bioware games. It started out when Reg, a typical gamer, found a recipe for "Sten's +100 Approval Chocolate Chip Cookies" and baked them for her mother. Reg's Mom was convinced that the recipe existed in Dragon Age: Origins, and started to play through it to prove her daughter wrong. (She also wanted to try romancing Sten.) Long story short, she was hooked on the game.
Reg has since convinced her mom to play Dragon Age: Awakening and Mass Effect 1 and 2. Mom's playstyle tends towards the violent and evil, with an exception for children and other moms. She also regularly tries to bribe the creators with cookies.
- Angrish: Often from Mom, particularly after a Bioware choice
- Anti-Hero: At best. She takes almost every Renegade option, and always shoots first.
- Basement Dweller: Reg at first; Mom over time.
- Beginner's Luck: Mom head-shotted two mobs for Reg in Reg's first play-through of Mass Effect as a favor.
- Big "What?": Mom and Reg regularly react this way towards the game and Mom, respectively.
- Gamer Chick: Reg's mom is getting there, and Reg is this herself.
- Mama Bear: Mom, as seen in Mass Effect.
- Texting: Some posts are transcripts of actual dialog; some are copies of text messages between Reg and Mom. The latter's texting abilities have improved...slightly.
- The Nicknamer: Reg's mom.
- She calls Garrus "Beans"; Saren is "Sour Beans"; Grunt is "bb kroger"; Zaeed is "Ziti", Samara is "sjw" (Sith Justice Wizard) and so on.
- The Broodmother from Dragon Age is "the boobsack".