|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The game's a total love letter to classic Cyberpunk franchises. Elements of Blade Runner, The Terminator, Bubblegum Crisis, Snatcher, Armitage III, Ghost in the Shell and many others are clearly present.
Here are the specific shoutouts as seen in the game.
- When players complete purchases at the kiosks, the tune that plays when you hit the jackpot is the Final Fantasy victory theme.
- In the scene when you meet the British and Chinese members of the Rust Crew the side with the pool looks like E. Honda's stage in Street Fighter II
- A number of Resistance soldiers are wearing armor that's clearly inspired by Imperial Guardsmen.
- Amada hacks into the US millcom and orders nuclear strikes against the rest of the world - Skynet's opening gambit.
- Terminator influences are strongly felt with the skeleton structures of most robots, but most definately with the car and giant motorcycle robots in the last highway chase.
- The mobile gun howitzer behaves very much like a non-nuclear Metal Gear.
- Putting Hollow Children in the place of certain persons has the same feeling of Snatcher all right.
- Also, female Hollow Children being capable of giving birth is definitely a shoutout to Armitage III.
- The design of the Mini-Mecha used by Philiips' spec ops team strongly evokes Front Mission.
- Some Security robots in Upper Tokyo use machine pistols, having a habit of spinning their pistols with their trigger fingers when drawing/holstering - which was Alex Murphy's habit.
- The Ace Custom that Philips uses is painted red, ala Char's Zaku II.