|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Idol has released a total of six studio albums, one EP, a Christmas album, and several compilation albums. He faded away in the early 1990s after the disastrous release of Cyberpunk, popping up again in a memorable cameo in The Wedding Singer. He continues to tour to this day with guitarist and longtime collaborator Steve Stevens.
Billy Idol contains examples of the following tropes:
- Breakup Breakout -- Man, did he ever.
- Gratuitous French -- "Eyes without a Face"
- Greatest Hits Album -- Vital Idol, Idol Songs, Greatest Hits and The Very Best Of Billy Idol: Idolize Yourself.
- Intercourse with You
- Jossed -- Idol himself denies "Dancing With Myself" is about masturbation.
- Metal Scream -- "WITH A REBEL YELL SHE CRIES MORE, MORE, MORE... OWWWW!!!"
- Money Song -- "Mony Mony" (which is a cover...)
- New Sound Album -- Cyberpunk was recorded with an Apple computer and was his first (and last) attempt at a Concept Album.
- Performance Video -- "Rebel Yell."
- Pop Punk
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music
- Self-Titled Album -- His debut in 1982.
- Shotgun Wedding -- "White Wedding." (and people still play in weddings, based on the title alone)
- Stage Names -- Real name William Broad. He apparently chose it because his teachers described him as idle...
- Subdued Section -- Inverted in "Eyes without a Face".
- The Dead Can Dance -- The video for "Dancing With Myself."
- Verbal Tic -- "OWW!"
- Zombie Apocalypse -- The "Dancing With Myself" video again.