|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
So come along to our house, where the adventure starts
—The opening theme song
A series of Edutainment Games by Humongous Entertainment that's rather...interesting. It stars the rather twisted Ben and Becky Brightly, whose goal seems to be to entertain you while educating you. It's a little bit like the JumpStart series, except Ben and Becky are quite odd. They transform into anything you can imagine, and own several things you'd never expect a teenager to even dream of having. You play several minigames to earn SmartStars, where you can collect enough to eventually take part in the Super Star of Smarts challenge.
There are only two games in the series, Big Thinkers! Kindergarten and Big Thinkers! First Grade. A second grade version was announced but either never saw the light of day or exists in limited quantities. Needless to say, much like other minor Humongous franchises, it simply didn't catch on very well, and could be the possible reason Second Grade doesn't exist. Even poor Buzzy the Knowledge Bug got more attention than Ben and Becky, and still don't get much love nowadays despite Humongous' growing fandom.
Big Thinkers provides examples of:
- Adult Child: Ben and Becky may very well be considered this, since they own a very childish looking house for being teenagers. They even own a sandbox.
- Alliterative Name: Ben and Becky Brightly.
- Bigger on the Inside: Many examples, but most notably their sandbox.
- Excited Kids' Show Host: Ben and Becky.
- Excited Show Title
- Follow the Leader: The series takes a much more JumpStart styled approach than most other Humongous games.
- MacGuffin: The SmartStars.
- Recurring Riff: The Title Theme Tune shows up just about everywhere in the games.
- Title Drop: Oh so many.
- Title Theme Tune
- Tradesnark: In the help files, SmartStars are always called SmartStars™.
- Vaporware: Big Thinkers! 2nd Grade is either this or Keep Circulating the Tapes, since if it was released, it was only in very limited quantities.
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Two teenagers who own a childish-looking house that can transform into anything they choose. Dont even try to say that wasn't thought up while on drugs.