Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Nothing interesting happens outside the City of New York.
- Straight: Bob only travels in the four boroughs.
- Exaggerated: Fulton Street Folly
- Justified: The writer lives in New York and is writing what he knows.
- Inverted: Bob travels everywhere in America EXCEPT New York.
- Subverted: The show starts out with a map of New York, then zooms in… to Poughkeepsie, where Bob lives.
- Double Subverted: He takes the Taconic Parkway to his job in The Bronx, where the real action happens.
- Parodied: The villains, who are not from Earth, do their research on the planet by watching movies and TV shows, and therefore believe that it's the most important city in the world, which is why they attack it. (Alternately, their reason for focusing on New York is that they really like Mallomars.)
- With everything interesting happening in New York, people are swarming into the city, and overpopulation becomes a problem.
- Alternately: Everyone gets out of there because of the danger, causing the economy to collapse and New York to become a ghost town.
- Reconstructed: The overpopulation or weak economy is the conflict of the week.
- Zig Zagged: Bob tells the tale of his job has a FBI agent. When asked where he's from, he says New York. He's from Poughkeepsie. However, he says he drives to New York every time he has a shift. He is stationed in Yonkers. However, he only gets called to streets in the Bronx
- Averted: From the start, it is stated that Bob lives and works at his interesting job in Poughkeepsie, and the farthest he goes in the series is still within that city.
- Enforced: The network needs a new show that will connect with a large amount of people. A large amount of people live in New York.
- Lampshaded: On a freeway, Bob sees a sign for "To New York City". Alice says, "Okay, take the ramp to the only damn place in this state where things happen."
- Invoked: Bob avoids the airports and highways out of New York because he believes something will be interesting in New York.
- Defied: Bob, in an effort not to be trapped in New York, becomes a storm chaser and moves to Kansas.
- Discussed: "I'm so glad I moved to New York. It seems like every corner is another interesting landmark."
- Conversed: "Man, another show about New York? You're obsessed with shows about New York, huh?" "No, but the writers are."
- Played for Laughs: Bob just moved to New York, but he treats it as if he's lived there for a long time.
- Played for Drama: Aliens arrive on Earth for the first time, and they start with New York, since they know from TV that it's one of the most interesting places on Earth.
That was typed in the Big Applesauce!