|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Ben Snow series by Edward D. Hoch is a series of American Old West mysteries set around the turn of the 20th century. Like the Dr. Sam Hawthorne series by the same author, these tales are carefully researched historical pieces, sometimes including real historical characters such as Butch Cassidy. He met another Hoch character, Sam Hawthorne, in "The Problem of the Haunted Teepee".
The first Ben Snow series appeared in 1961 in The Saint Mystery Magazine; the series has since been continued in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine.
The Ben Snow stories feature examples of:
- Animal Assassin: "Suddenly, With Fangs"
- Bandito: "The Trail of the Golden Cross"
- Circuit Judge: "Dagger Money"
- The Drifter: Ben
- Headless Horseman: "The Headless Horseman of Buffalo Creek"
- Pocket Protector: "The Trail of the Golden Cross"
- This Is My Name on Foreign: "The Trail of the Golden Cross"