|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
British actor, born Krishna Pandit Bhanji on December 31, 1943. With a Badass Beard and awesome voice, he is best known for his roles as the title character in Gandhi, Itzhak Stern in Schindler's List, and to modern audiences as Georges Melies in Martin Scorsese's Hugo.
He needs a picture for the page.
Notable Roles for Sir Ben Kingsley:
- Gandhi, where he plays the man himself, Mahatma Gandhi. His first major role, directed by Richard Attenborough.
- The title character of a movie adaptation of Silas Marner.
- Itzhak Stern in Schindler's List. Interestingly, when Gandhi won the Best Picture Oscar, Attenborough wanted Steven Spielberg to win for ET the Extraterrestrial, and Spielberg would later direct Kingsley in this film.
- Big Bad Lord Kagan in the first Blood Rayne film. He always wanted to play a Vampire Lord.
- Don Logan in Sexy Beast, for which he was nominated for 16 awards, and won 11.
- Nizam in the Prince of Persia movie.
- Massoud Amir Behrani in House of Sand and Fog.
- Georges Melies in Hugo.
- An unknown in the Sacha Baron Cohen (Cohen starred in Hugo also) comedy The Dictator.
- Mazer Rackham in the upcoming film adaptation of Ender's Game.