|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Anthony is just another shut in in the Mid West, living on his own, and prowls the internet. His fascinations are the internet, the Paranormal, and of course, the Slender Man.
He found Slender Man more interesting than frightening. So he decided to throw caution to the wind and beat Slender Man to the punch. He wasn't going to wait to be stalked.
He was going to be stalking HIM.
Believe What You See is one of the lesser known Slenderblogs, still somewhat young with an interesting, if somewhat dated, concept.
First post can be read here
Tropes associated with Believe What You See...
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: This disturbing post from March 16th: "He was never real. He was never Real. I'm insane. He was never there. HE WAS NEVER THERE."
- It's hinted at that what causes the electronical distortion that Slender Man himself releases is SCREAMING OF THE DAMNED.
- Imaginary Enemy: The Cloaked Man.
- No Ending: Possibly, as the seemingly final blog is written by Justin saying that Anthony has been been spirited away by the Slender Man, either willing or not, and that Justin is on the run again and is low on battery for the laptop and will most likely not be posting anymore, though he vows to find a way to save Anthony somehow.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Anthony's stakeout of Justin's house, even if it only lasts for about 5 short posts, is nerve wracking.
- Wham! Line: "That was my parent's house."