|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Around 2007, the same Dozerfleet think tank that came up with LWW Ritzed, the Ciem Webcomic Series, and Stationery Voyagers also came up with this cheesy internet parody. While it never took off as a fanfiction contest, it did result in several downloads for The Sims and a few laughs from a few high school students.
This parody / mashup of Finding Nemo and Power Rangers Dino Thunder centers around an eccentric treasure hunter/scientist named Dr. Cendo, who discovers the Australagems of Power while searching for the even more magical and dangerous Gems of Coral. He leaves no doubt in his mind that he's an avid fan of all things Finding Nemo, and quotes the movie often.
A Freak Lab Accident creates Barracudron, a barracuda monster bent on creating a second Great Flood so fish can rule the earth. Meanwhile, Cendo recruits Beck and her friends: Jessie (later Emiley), Dillon, Mike, and Scott to fight back as the Nemo Thunder Rangers.
Hidden on a shelf because it is unstable is the sixth red Australagem, which hasn't been stabilized yet. A curious boy named Kyle, from Beck's high school, breaks into Cendo's lab and discovers it; accidentally bonding with it and immediately going completely insane. Eventually, the Nemo Rangers are able to stabilize Kyle. The Jellyfish Ranger more than doubles the team's strength. However, it's not enough. Barracudron ups his ante as he grows desperate to beat Cendo to the punch in finding the Gems of Coral, so as the Rangers recover a gem, they combine it with other friends from Beck's school to form the Knights of Coral. It all leads up to an epic showdown where Beck (Clownfish Ranger/Nemo,) Emiley (Octopus Ranger/Pearl,) Dillon (Turtle Ranger/Crush,) Mike (Pelican Ranger/Nigel,) Scott (Shark Ranger/Bruce,) Kyle (Jellyfish Ranger,) Samantha (Regal Tang Knight/Dory,) JC (Balloonfish Knight/Bloat,) and Stacey (Starfish Knight/Peach) must show the world what they're really made of (besides fish avatars.)
- By the Power of Greyskull: "From Down Under, Nemo Thunder!" and "Taking on the Jellies!"
- Clothes Make the Maniac: The Jellyfish powers are unstable at first, turning Kyle into a psychopath. Even after joining forces with the Rangers, wearing the suit changes his personality considerably.
- Combining Mecha: The Coral Reef Megazord. Made up of a Nemo head, a Crush main body, a Pearl foot, a Nigel foot, and two Bruce arms.
- The Danza: All the Rangers (and Knights) are named after the real-life teens that portray them.
- MacGuffin: The Gems of Coral
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Beck herself, who in spite being the team leader, is a bit of a Butt Monkey and is treated like a six-year-old by Cendo. (Though he still sends her out into battle.)
- Sequelitis: Becka Rangers: Tickle Fury and Becka Rangers: STF (Squeaky Toy Fascination)
- Stealth Pun: Beck's crush in Real Life at the time was named Dillon. Dillon's Turtle Ranger avatar is Crush the Turtle.
- Sure Why Not: The real Kyle briefly rejoiced on his My Space page that he was the Jellyfish Ranger.